(Chinese recipes, prepare authentic Chinese food now!)
I accidentally deleted all pictures captured when I was going through them on my camera!!! But luckily–BIG phew!—there is this one and only shot on the other flash card (which was full). All other mouthwatering shots were completely erased. Kaput. Gone.
Anyway, this is my stir-fried fish fillet with black bean sauce. Unlike Malaysia, fish fillets are plentiful and can be easily found at Asian stores in the United States.
I used sole fillet for this dish. With some green bell peppers, onions, and dried red chillies, you have a savory dish to go with steamed rice or noodles.
Previously, I had used sole fish fillet to make ikan panggang (Malaysian grilled fish wrapped with banana leaves).
Well, I will have to share them with you in the near future.
Here is my fish with black bean sauce recipe.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 84 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1/2 lb. (0.2 kg) sole fish fillet, cut into pieces and marinate with 1/2 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoon Lee Kam Kee black bean sauce
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 6 dried chilies, deseeded
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into small pieces
- 2 stalk scallions, cut into 1.5 inch length (3 cm)
- 5 slices fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 tablespoon corn starch, mix with 3 tablespoons water
- Heat up the wok and add in some cooking oil.
- Add sliced ginger, onions, bell peppers, dried red chilies and stir fry them until aromatic.
- Add in the fish and do a quick stir.
- Add the black bean sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and sesame oil and stir fry until the fish is cooked.
- Add in the corn starch mix to thicken the sauce.
- Toss in the chopped scallion and do a quick stir, dish up and serve hot.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 84Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 24mgSodium 322mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 12g