A package of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shells–$4.49 plus tax.
A pack of frozen strawberry and blueberry–$2.99 plus tax.
Eggs, milk, sugar and other ingredients–less than $1.00.
Making strawberry and blueberry tarts that whisper “eat me eat me“–priceless…
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 193 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 package Pepperidge Farm Puff Pasty Shells, 6 shells
- 6 fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- powdered sugar
Vanilla Cream Filling:
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a pan, combine sugar, starch, and gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Cook and stir over medium heat until the filling becomes very thick and begins to bubble. Remove from heat and slowly pour egg yolks into pan and stirring constantly. Cook and stir mixture over low heat. Add in butter and vanilla extract. Transfer filling to a bowl and set aside.
- Bake puff pastry shells according to package directions. After baking, lift shells in the middle and spoon about 2 tablespoons of vanilla cream filling into each pastry shell. Top with strawberry and blueberries and dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 193Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 108mgSodium 57mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 1gSugar 25gProtein 3g