A package of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shells–$4.49 plus tax.
A pack of frozen strawberry and blueberry–$2.99 plus tax.
Eggs, milk, sugar and other ingredients–less than $1.00.
Making strawberry and blueberry tarts that whisper “eat me eat me“–priceless…
Strawberry and Blueberries Tarts Recipe
Strawberry and Blueberry Tarts Recipe - A package of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shells, frozen strawberry and blueberry, eggs, milk, sugar.
- 1 package Pepperidge Farm Puff Pasty Shells, 6 shells
- 6 fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- powdered sugar
Vanilla Cream Filling:
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1In a pan, combine sugar, starch, and gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Cook and stir over medium heat until the filling becomes very thick and begins to bubble. Remove from heat and slowly pour egg yolks into pan and stirring constantly. Cook and stir mixture over low heat. Add in butter and vanilla extract. Transfer filling to a bowl and set aside.
- 2Bake puff pastry shells according to package directions. After baking, lift shells in the middle and spoon about 2 tablespoons of vanilla cream filling into each pastry shell. Top with strawberry and blueberries and dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.