Everyone loves chicken and potatoes and when you combine both of them together in one pot, with Spanish flavors, you have a surefire winner.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Baked Chicken and Potato Casserole
- Lemon-Garlic Braised Chicken and Potatoes
- Chicken Curry with Potatoes
This is exactly what this Spanish chicken and potatoes recipe is all about. It takes common ingredients and elevate the taste and flavors to the next level, just like my chicken and potato casserole.
I love the interplay of garlic, red onion, smoked paprika and lemon juice in this recipe. The garlic lends the garlicky aroma to the chicken, while the caramelized red onion adds smokey sweet flavors.
The chicken is moist, with a bit of heat plus a citrusy note from the lemon juice. The perfectly baked baby potatoes complete the dish.
This is an easy one-pot dish that feeds the entire family of 3-4 people. Serve it as is, or with dinner rolls, rice pilaf or simple pasta. This Spanish chicken and potatoes is absolutely scrumptious and you will have to try it. Enjoy!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 366 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Spanish Chicken and Potatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken thighs
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 oz. red onion (half an onion, sliced)
- 8 oz. baby potatoes (cut into halves)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F (207°C).
- Rinse the chicken thighs with cold water, pat dry with paper towels. Season the chicken thighs with salt, pepper and paprika, on both sides of the chicken. Transfer the chicken to a big bowl, add the lemon juice and parsley to the chicken.
- Heat up a skillet and add a little oil. Pan-sear both sides of the chicken until nicely browned (but not cooked through). Dish out and set aside. Add the remaining oil to the skillet, saute the garlic and onions until the onion is slightly softened.
- Add the potatoes, salt and brown sugar, stir to combine well. Transfer the chicken (and the juice that seeps out) into the skillet, arrange in between the potatoes and onions.
- Bake the chicken and potatoes in the lower third of the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through. Serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
Not only super easy but delicious! Thank you for sharing!
I tried this & my kids just loved it. Simple & tasty.