Surf’n Turf Foil Packs Recipe
Surf’n turf foil packs make a big deal for summer grilling and everyday meals. The foil packs are easy and quick to prepare with all ingredients, and they can be grilled, baked, or cooked on a stove. The best thing about this recipe is that it cooks the steak, seafood, and a variety of vegetables all at once.
Grill these surf and turf foil packs with only Old Bay seasoning, ground cumin, black pepper, and thyme. Enjoy with freshly squeezed lime juice to jazz up the flavor.
Why This Recipe Works?
This easy foil pack recipe works the best for busy moms, young professionals, and those who are rushing for dinner on busy weeknights. You can pack and refrigerate them until you are ready to cook.
Grilling both the main course and side dish in one pack is convenient and tastes better. Cooking all the ingredients in one foil pack certainly makes a delicious dish with a combined flavor of steak, shrimp, and vegetables.
It’s also a beginner-friendly recipe. The steak is juicy and tender after cooking in the foil pack for less than 20 minutes.
Ingredients for Surf’n Turf Foil Packs
This mouthwatering recipe calls for these ingredients:
- Sirloin steak
- Cherry tomatoes / grape tomatoes
- Red onion
- Old Bay seasoning
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Ground cumin
- Ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Fresh parsley
You may choose shrimp, lobster, crab, or scallops for seafood alternatives.
How to Make Surf’n Turf Foil Packs?
For this simple homemade recipe, first, prepare four 12-inch long aluminum foil rectangles.
Next, divide steak, shrimp, corn, tomato wedges, red onion slices, lime wedges, and garlic on each piece of foil. Sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning, fresh thyme leaves, ground cumin, ground black pepper, and drizzle olive oil on top.
Wrap all ingredients in foil and roll up the edges to seal.
Heat the grill to high and grill for 8 to 10 minutes per side.
Serve immediately with freshly chopped parsley on top and lime wedges.
For the best result, please follow my tips:
- To make sure the steak is cooked evenly, ensure all cut pieces are the same size.
- You can always open the foil to check the cooking status. The dish is ready to serve once the shrimp become pink and the steak is cooked to your desired taste. Be careful with the steam when you open the foil to check the doneness.
- Sprinkle more Old Bay seasoning on the final dish if desired.
Frequently Asked Questions
Choose top sirloin steak for this recipe for the best result. You may also use a New York steak or ribeye but they are not as lean.
Yes, you can also cook the surf and turf foil packs in the oven. Preheat the oven to 380°F (190°C), and bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe has only 282 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1/2 lb sirloin steak, diced
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 ears corn, chopped into 3 equal pieces
- 4 cherry tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 limes cut in wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Olive oil, to drizzle on top
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Prepare four 12-inch long aluminum foil sheets.
- Dice the steak into 1-inch thick cubes and cut each ear of corn into 3 equal pieces.
- Divide steak, shrimp, corn, tomato wedges, red onion slices, lime wedges, and garlic slices on each piece of foil. Sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning, fresh thyme leaves, ground cumin, and ground black pepper and drizzle olive oil on top.
- Fold the foil in half and roll up the edges to seal the food tightly inside.
- Heat the grill to high. Place the foil packs on the grill and cook for 8 to 10 minutes per side. Remove the packs from the grill once the shrimp is cooked through and the steak is cooked to your desired doneness.
- Serve immediately with freshly chopped parsley on top and lime wedges. Sprinkle more Old Bay seasoning for serving if desired.
Recipe Source: Delish
Amount Per Serving Calories 282Total Fat 5.9gSaturated Fat 1.9gCholesterol 170mgSodium 1155mgCarbohydrates 26.1gFiber 5gSugar 6.3gProtein 34.2g