Sweet and Spicy Holiday Nuts
Sweet and Spicy Holiday Nuts – easy and amazing holiday nuts, with some heat. Recipe by @Reem | Simply Reem
2 ½ cups unsalted mixed nuts (used here are almonds, walnuts, cashew and pistachio)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 ½ tablespoons light brown sugar
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1. In a bowl mix together sugars, paprika, cumin powder, black pepper and salt. Keep aside.
2. In a heavy skillet add butter and cook nuts in the butter for about 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
3. Sprinkle the sugar and spice mixture over the nuts and continue to cook the nuts till the sugar caramelizes; about 8-10 minutes. Keep stirring the nuts while cooking to avoid them from getting burned.
4. Once done transfer the nuts to a large cookie sheet or platter to cool down.
Greetings from Thailand! I am currently on an extended vacation and you can follow my adventure by following me on Instagram (lots of amazing photos!)
Before I leave for the vacation, I have lined up a lot of new recipes and posts so Rasa Malaysia will be updated on a regular basis. I have also arranged for a few guest posts from my friend Simply Reem to fill in the void. As this is the holiday season, we are sharing some party recipes and baking/cookie recipes here. When I told Simply Reem that I wanted her to do guest posts of holiday treats, she immediately thought about this amazing sweet and spicy holiday nuts that are sure to please at any holiday parties.
Just imagine serving a bowl of the nuts to your guests while they mingle, I am almost sure that it will be a huge hit. The sweet and spicy notes couldn’t be more complementary to the crunchy peanuts. Try this sweet and spicy holiday nuts recipe if you host holiday parties this year. The recipe is simple enough and with the most basic ingredients. You can get the cumin powder in the spices section of any regular stores. Enjoy!
- PREP TIME
- TOTAL TIME
- AVG RATINGBased on 11 Review(s)4.5
SUBSCRIBE TO RASA MALAYSIA NEWSLETTER AND GET EASY AND DELICIOUS RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX. If you try my recipe, please use hashtag #rasamalaysia on social media so I can see your creations! Follow me on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for new recipes, giveaways and more.