Sweet and Spicy Holiday Nuts – easy and amazing holiday nuts, with some heat. Recipe by @Reem
Greetings from Thailand!
I am currently on an extended vacation and you can follow my adventure by following me on Instagram (lots of amazing photos!)
Before I leave for the vacation, I have lined up a lot of new recipes and posts so Rasa Malaysia will be updated on a regular basis.
When I told Simply Reem that I wanted her to do guest posts of holiday treats, she immediately thought about this amazing sweet and spicy holiday nuts that are sure to please at any holiday parties.
Just imagine serving a bowl of the nuts to your guests while they mingle, I am almost sure that it will be a huge hit.
The sweet and spicy notes couldn’t be more complementary to the crunchy peanuts.
Try this sweet and spicy holiday nuts recipe if you host holiday parties this year.
The recipe is simple enough and with the most basic ingredients.
You can get the cumin powder in the spices section of any regular stores.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 418 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 ½ cups unsalted mixed nuts, used here are almonds, walnuts, cashew and pistachio
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl mix together sugars, paprika, cumin powder, black pepper and salt. Keep aside.
- In a heavy skillet add butter and cook nuts in the butter for about 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Sprinkle the sugar and spice mixture over the nuts and continue to cook the nuts till the sugar caramelizes; about 8-10 minutes. Keep stirring the nuts while cooking to avoid them from getting burned.
- Once done transfer the nuts to a large cookie sheet or platter to cool down.
If you like, any choice of dried herb can also be added to flavor these nuts such as dried rosemary, oregano etc.
You can also increase or decrease the amount of paprika as per your choice or use cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes in its place.
These nuts can be made 4-5days ahead and store in airtight container.
Serving Size6 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 418Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 6gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 10mgSodium 396mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 5gSugar 6gProtein 10g