Thai Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
It’s Fall and there is no better time to make this hearty Thai Chicken Noodle Soup or Thai Coconut Chicken noodle soup.
This noodle soup recipe is absolutely delicious; it’s mildly spicy from the red curry paste, with a light creamy taste from the coconut milk, with the perfect balance of flavors.
The recipe calls for just a handful of main ingredients. These days, you can get curry paste and coconut milk from the International aisle of your neighborhood grocery stores.
You can also find the ingredients online.
- Ramen noodles. You can use ramen noodles from ramen packets. Just toss the seasonings. You can also use fresh noodles you get from Asian markets. Other dried noodles such as lo mein, soba noodles, or egg noodles will work just fine.
- Thai red curry paste. You can buy it from Asian stores or online. Always buy the smallest bottle or can. You only need a couple of tablespoons for this recipe.
- Chicken broth.
- Coconut milk.
- Fish sauce.
How to Make Thai Chicken Noodle Soup?
This recipe is quick and easy. It involves a three-step cooking process.
First, prep the raw ingredients. Secondly, boil and cook the noodles. Next, make the Thai chicken soup or broth and serve the noodles with the coconut chicken soup.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Add Lemongrass to the Chicken Soup?
Yes, you sure can. If you have lemongrass, just lightly bruise the bottom part of the lemongrass and add it to the coconut chicken soup.
Lemongrass infuses the soup with a wonderful aroma and make the soup even better!
Can I Use Rice Noodles?
Yes, you can. Rice noodles, rice vermicelli or maifun are great with the chicken soup. Just follow the instructions of the packaging to prep the rice noodles.
Ladle the soup over the rice noodles and you will have the same Thai chicken noodle soup.
Can I Use Green Curry Paste?
I used Maesri brand red curry paste for the soup. If you love green curry, you can certainly use green curry paste to make this recipe.
The taste will be different but the green chicken noodle soup will be equally delicious!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 486 calories per serving.
What to Serve with this Recipe?
Serve this dish as a main dish with other Thai dishes. For a healthy meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 12 oz. (340 g) fresh noodles or fresh ramen noodles
- water, for boiling
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 8 oz. (226 g) boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 4 oz. (115 g) red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 oz. (56 g) green peas
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- cilanto leaves, for garnishing
- fresh lime wedges, for serving
- Prepare the ingredients. Make the noodles by bringing a pot of water to boil. Cook the noodles until al dente. DO NOT overcook the noodles. Drain and set side.
- Heat up a soup pot and add the chicken broth. Bring it to boil. Add the red curry paste and chicken, stir to combine well and bring the soup broth to a boil. Add the red bell peppers, green peas, follow by the coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar and lime juice. Turn off the heat after 1 minute.
- To serve, divide the noodles into 3-4 bowls. Laddle the soup broth over the noodles. You can also add the noodles into the soup. Garnish with the cilantro. Squeeze the lime juice from the lime wedges before eating.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 486Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 36mgSodium 971mgCarbohydrates 79gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 20g