Grilled Five-Spice Pork Sliders
and Updates on Facebook Daily!
Grilled Chinese 5-spice Pork Sliders Recipe
Makes 8-10 patties
8-10 slider buns
Grilled 5-spice pork patties
Asian slaw, or other toppings of your choice
Spicy yogurt dressing
Grilled Chinese 5-spice Pork:
1 lb ground pork
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
3 tablespoons honey or sugar
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1 teaspoon Chinese 5-spice powder
3 dash of ground white pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons water
Spicy Yogurt Dressing:
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt or low-fat mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1-2 tablespoon chili sauce or Siracha
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, mix all the pork patties ingredients well. Set aside and marinade for an hour.
2. Make oversize golf balls, which would yield about 2-inches in diameter of pork patties. Set aside until ready to grill.
3. Prepare the Asian Slaw, or your choice of toppings.
4. Make the Spicy Yogurt Dressing. Whisk together all the ingredients, adjust salt, pepper and other seasonings as per taste. Set aside to chill until ready to use.
5. Preheat oven broiler/grill to High heat. When the grill pan is smoky hot, brush a little oil over it, arrange the pork patties onto the pan, and grill for 5-7 minutes per side, or until the patties are nicely charred and cooked through. Remove from oven and prepare to assemble the sliders. If you prefer, cut each patty into half, like I did here.
6. Spread the Spicy Yogurt onto the buns. Arrange 2 halves of the split pork patty for each slider bun. Top it with the Asian Slaw, or your choice of toppings and gently press the top half of the bun over the slaw. Ready to serve.
You Might Also Like These Recipes Below:
Sign Up for Email Updates
Enter your email for new updates: recipes, giveaways, and more!