Baked Scallops with Creamy Spicy Sauce RecipeMarch 31st, 2007Recipes, Japanese Recipes, Recipes36 Comments
Recipe: Baked Scallops with Creamy Spicy Sauce
Adapted from Nobu: The Cookbook
Make 4 servings
6 sea scallops
1 pack of enoki mushrooms
6 tablespoons of creamy spicy sauce
Creamy Spicy Sauce:
6 tablespoons of mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon of lime juice
1/2 teaspoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of chili garlic sauce (passed through sieve)
Mix the ingredients in the creamy spicy sauce and blend well.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degree Fahrenheit.
- Clean the scallops and cut each scallops into 4 pieces of equal size (slice horizontally).
- Chop off the roots of the enoki mushrooms and divide them into 4 equal portions.
- Spread the mushrooms on a plate and layer the scallop pieces over the mushrooms and bake for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the scallops from the oven and top with creamy spicy sauce.
- Put the scallops back into the oven and baked until the surface turns golden brown.
- Sprinkle some paprika powder on top of each serving and serve hot.
Related Recipe: Seared Scallops in Spicy Cream Sauce with Buna Shimeji Mushrooms