Shrimp and Cheese Spring Rolls http://rasamalaysia.com/shrimp-and-cheese-spring-rolls/
April 24th, 2013 13 Comments

Shrimp and Cheese Spring Rolls

Shrimp and Cheese Spring Rolls, Step 1
Shrimp and Cheese Spring Rolls, Step 1 pictures (5 of 7)

Shrimp and cheese spring rolls. I think I had you at the title of this recipe!

These shrimp spring rolls are not your typical spring rolls. Made with succulent and marinated shrimp and cheddar cheese (yes, cheese!), they are bound to wow your palate and have you begged for more.

Everyone could use some spring rolls, and this spring roll is special because the filling is not the regular filling of vegetables, but fresh, succulent, and juicy shrimp. To sweeten the deal, I decided to add some cheese so every bite of the spring roll is sinfully good and cheesy.

Shrimp and Cheese Spring Rolls

For the spring roll wrapper, I always choose the smaller piece for this recipe (there are two sizes but choose the smaller ones). The smaller spring roll wrapper is just the right size to wrap the shrimp and cheese filling. For the deep-frying, you can easily do these in batches in a medium-sized sauce pan. Use a pair of long, wooden chopsticks to turn the shrimp spring rolls around so both sides of the spring rolls turn a nice golden brown.

I love serving these shrimp and cheese spring rolls at parties because they are such a crowd pleaser. For the dipping sauce, you can use either chili sauce with sesame seeds, or mayonnaise. Either way, you can’t go wrong with this appetizer and I bet your friends will be bribing you for this shrimp and cheese spring rolls recipe as soon as they taste the goods!

Click Page 2 for the Shrimp and Cheese Spring Rolls Recipe

1. Using cheese in spring rolls is a quite bold move. But who knows, sometimes the most surprising flavor combinations may work.

2. Crispy cheesy fried goodness? I’m there!

3. janmaus says:

The cheddar cheese doesn’t get it for me, but I tried it again with a heaping tsp of cream cheese and a bit of jalapeno. The presentation is spectacular

4. sanity says:

Hi RM. Thank u for the beautiful recipe. Just a quick question. So i have to put the cheese first n the prawn on top before wrapping it up? I can’t tell from ur pictures. Also if i cube the cheese wont it be hard to wrap? Would shredded cheese work better?

• My step-by-step photos were shot on a separate day, they were meant as guide. You can put the shrimp and then cheese later. I put the cheese into very small cubes so it’s a matter of sprinkling a little of them on top of the shrimp. :)

5. Sheenal says:

Your step by step instructions on wrapping the prawns,made this recipe a breeze…thanks..

6. Laura says:

I actually remenber eating this dish as an entree with a sweet peanut based dipping sauce in a thai restaurant. Loved it so much I just had to come back for it :D Thank you so much for this recipe!

7. Peily Ngiam says:

The marinate part of 2.5 tsp salt ended up this spring roll is super salty.. even I’ve reduced the salt content to half..

8. Katy says:

Hello! I was wondering, what type of oil do you recommend for the frying? Thanks!

9. hi, this recipes is verry delicious.sorry i just change in ther i was stuffed cheese inside prowns w some jalepino.this is also nice teast with deeping honey lemon moyyonaise souce. thanks for ur best and delicious recepies.

10. terese says:

Thanks for the recipes in this week
    god bless