Chicken and Potato Casserole
Chicken and potatoes are two amazing ingredients for casserole and this homemade baked chicken and potato casserole was a smash hit with the family. Everyone loved and enjoyed the dish!
How to Make Casserole?
Making casserole is very easy as the method is very straight forward. Once you understand the cooking process, you can mix and match different ingredients. Here are the tips and basic steps:
- Add all the ingredients, for examples: chicken and potatoes into an oven-safe casserole pan.
- Add the heavy cream, cheese, bacon, stir and mix well.
- You don’t need a whole lot of seasonings but salt, pepper and a little bit of sugar.
- Bake in the oven until all the ingredients are cooked through and the cheesy top turns to golden perfection.
- The top of the casserole is slightly crusty with the cheese but beneath the surface, the chicken and potatoes should be moist, juicy and creamy.
Is Casserole Healthy?
This chicken and potato casserole recipe is healthy and delicious, with only 456 calories. The chicken meat is juicy and the potatoes are soft and tender. The recipe is from Delicious As It Looks.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 385 calories per serving.
What Side Dish to Serve with Potato Casserole?
Side dishes are not necessary as this is a complete meal. Everything you need is in one pan. However, you can make the following side dishes for a wholesome dinner.
Potato casserole is easy to make and amazing. The leftover is perfect as lunch box the next day and it’s great for meal plan. Try it for your family and I am sure they will be begging you for more!
Pairs well with:
Baked Chicken and Potato Casserole Recipe
Baked Chicken and Potato Casserole - crazy delicious and easy chicken potato casserole recipe loaded with potatoes, cheddar cheese, bacon and cream.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 slices Canadian bacon, cut into pieces
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 stalk scallion, green part only, cut into small rounds
1Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9" x 9" baking pan with some oil or butter.
2Add the salt, sugar, and pepper to the heavy whipping cream. Lightly stir to combine well.
3Spread the potatoes, follow by the chicken, in one single layer. Sprinkle the bacon, butter, and then top with half of the cheddar cheese and the scallions. Pour the heavy cream over top of casserole. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour. Uncover the pan and bake for another 30 minutes. In the last 10 minutes, sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese and bake until the cheese is slightly crusty. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Instead of Canadian bacon, you can use 1 or 2 strips of bacon. If you use bacon, pre-cooked them until they are crisp first.