Chicken and Potato Casserole
Chicken and potatoes are two amazing ingredients for casserole and this homemade baked chicken and potato casserole was a smash hit with the family. Everyone loved and enjoyed the dish!
Tips on How to Make Casserole
Making casserole is very easy as the method is very straight forward. Once you understand the cooking process, you can mix and match different ingredients. Here are the basic steps:
- Add all the ingredients, for examples: chicken and potatoes into an oven-safe casserole pan.
- Add the heavy cream, cheese, bacon, stir and mix well.
- You don’t need a whole lot of seasonings but salt, pepper and a little bit of sugar.
- Bake in the oven until all the ingredients are cooked through and the cheesy top turns to golden perfection.
- The top of the casserole is slightly crusty with the cheese but beneath the surface, the chicken and potatoes should be moist, juicy and creamy.
Is Casserole Healthy
This chicken and potato casserole recipe is healthy and delicious, with only 456 calories. The chicken meat is juicy and the potatoes are soft and tender. The recipe is from Delicious As It Looks.
What Side Dish to Serve with Casserole
Side dishes are not necessary as this recipe is a complete meal. Everything you need is in one pan. However, you can make the following side dishes for a wholesome dinner.
The casserole is easy to make and amazing. The leftover is perfect as lunch box the next day. Try it for your family and I am sure they will be begging you for more!
This Recipe Goes Well with:
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Lemon-Garlic Braised Chicken and Potatoes
- Garlic Herb Chicken and Zucchini
- Spanish Chicken and Potatoes
SUBSCRIBE AND GET NEW RECIPES
Baked Chicken and Potato Casserole Recipe
Baked Chicken and Potato Casserole - crazy delicious chicken potato casserole loaded with cheddar cheese, bacon and cream, easy recipe for the family
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon sugar
- 3 heavy dashes ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 medium-sized potatoes peeled and cut into pieces
- 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 slices Canadian bacon cut into pieces
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 1 heaping cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 stalk scallion green part only, cut into small rounds
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9" x 9" baking pan with some oil or butter.
Add the salt, sugar, and pepper to the heavy whipping cream. Lightly stir to combine well.
Spread the potatoes, follow by the chicken, in one single layer. Sprinkle the bacon, butter, and then top with half of the cheddar cheese and the scallions. Pour the heavy cream over top of casserole. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour. Uncover the pan and bake for another 30 minutes. In the last 10 minutes, sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese and bake until the cheese is slightly crusty. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Instead of Canadian bacon, you can use 1 or 2 strips of bacon. If you use bacon, pre-cooked them until they are crisp first.