Easy banana chocolate bread recipe that calls for simple ingredients: banana & chocolate. This recipe yields delicious moist banana chocolate bread.
I have recently changed Baby G’s daycare schedule to full day instead of partial day, which means that he basically spends his whole day there now.
(Yay to mommy as I get more “me” time to work on my blog, developing, and testing recipes).
Because of that, I have started baking more because I would love for him to eat better during his afternoon snack time, instead of the typical store-bought crackers and biscuits, which are not all that nutritious.
Baby G likes to eat bananas and chocolate, so I decided to combine his two favorite ingredients into a cake that he will like.
I made this banana chocolate bread, which is adapted from Everyday Food magazine by Martha Stewart.
I subscribe to almost all food magazines, but I always find Everyday Food very useful with practical and doable everyday recipes.
More importantly, the recipes that I have tried always turn out great.
This banana chocolate bread recipe yields aromatic, moist, and delicious cake.
On the third day when we had the last loaf of the banana chocolate cake, it was still soft and moist, just like it was freshly baked!
If you’re tired of your same old banana bread, give it an upgrade by adding some chocolate to the cake.
The end result is pleasing to adults, kids, and picky toddlers.
I cut these banana chocolate bread into bite-sized pieces and packed them into Baby G’s tupperware.
It makes me feel happy because I know that he will be eating well during snack time and continue to grow.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 742 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature, (113 g)
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour, spoon and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed overripe banana
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped finely
- Preheat the oven at 350°F.Butter and flour a 5" x 9" loaf pan. Sieve the flour, baking soda and fine salt. Whisk to mix.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Turn the mixer to low and add the eggs, one at a time, beat well.
- Add in the mashed banana, sour cream and vanilla extract, beat until combined. Slowly add in the flour mixture, one tablespoon at a time until well mixed. Add in the chocolate and beat at medium speed until all ingredients blended.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 8-10 minutes. Remove it onto a wire rack to cool completely. Store up to 3 days in air tight container or freeze up to 3 months.
Serving Size5 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 742Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 20gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 118mgSodium 487mgCarbohydrates 100gFiber 5gSugar 58gProtein 9g