Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
I love bananas and chocolate, so I decided to combine these two ingredients into the best chocolate chip banana bread.
This recipe is adapted from Everyday Food magazine by Martha Stewart; as you can see from the photos, it’s soft, moist and loaded with chocolate chips.
This recipe yields aromatic, moist, and delicious cake. It stays soft even after a few days, and taste just like it was freshly baked!
Ingredients for Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
This easy homemade recipe calls for simple ingredients:
- All-purpose flour
- Sour cream
- Chocolate chips or chocolate
How to Make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread?
The method is simple and straight forward.
First, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, before adding eggs.
Add in the mashed banana, sour cream, beat until combined. Slowly add in the flour and mix well.
Add in the chocolate chips or chocolate chunks. Bake until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Substitute Sour Cream with Plain Yogurt?
Yes, you can. Both sour cream and plain yogurt make the bread moist.
How Many Days Can I Store the Banana Bread?
You can store up to 3 days in an air tight container (for example: a Tupperware) or freeze up to 3 months.
Reheat with a toaster oven before serving.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 528 calories per serving.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour (spoon and leveled)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed overripe banana
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 oz. chocolate chips or bittersweet chocolate, chopped finely
- Preheat oven at 350°F (176°C). Butter and flour a 5" x 9" loaf pan. Sieve the flour, baking soda and fine salt. Whisk to mix.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Turn the mixer to low and add the eggs, one at a time, beat well.
- Add in the mashed banana, sour cream and vanilla extract, beat until combined. Slowly add in the flour mixture, one tablespoon at a time, until well mixed. Add in the chocolate chips, stir to combine well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 8-10 minutes. Remove it onto a wire rack to cool completely. Store up to 3 days in air tight container or freeze up to 3 months.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.