I am so excited to be working with Blue Apron, a fresh ingredient and recipe delivery service that helps chefs of all levels cook incredible meals at home.
Even though I am a food blogger and I cook a lot, some days I do get too busy that I simply don’t have time to plan a meal and go to the grocery store…that’s when I turn to Blue Apron for dinners, and you can too!
Why do I choose Blue Apron over dining out or take outs? My answers are pretty straight forward.
First of all, with Blue Apron, I am always guaranteed farm fresh, healthy, and high quality ingredients. The chef-designed recipes are top notch and absolutely delicious.
There are plenty of unique recipes to choose from: 8 recipes per week, so I can practically eat like a queen, with different flavors every single day if I choose to, for example: this delightful one-pot chicken stir-fry with udon noodles.
Blue Aprondelivers all the farm-fresh ingredients, nicely packaged in the signature Blue Apron box, in exact proportions (no wastage of extra ingredients!), right to my doorstep. All ingredients are so fresh, there were two ice packs placed in the delivery box!
After I got the box, I started prepping the fresh ingredients. Look at the fresh and vibrant colors! The ingredients were as fresh as the ingredients from grocery store, except that I didn’t have to go to my store and shop. Some days, I need a day off from grocery shopping.
I am very particular when it comes to protein. The chicken was of high quality. It didn’t smell, wasn’t sticky to the touch and very fresh.
The chicken breasts were already chopped up to bite-sized pieces; I just had to season the chicken with salt and black pepper. Easy peasy!
A good recipe calls for an amazing sauce. I was blown away by the perfect balance of flavors in the sauce of this stir-fry chicken with udon noodles. This is certainly a chef-designed recipe.
The recipe card offers clear and detailed step-by-step instructions, even a novice cook will be able to cook and turn the ingredients into a gourmet meal. I love this recipe as it’s a one-pot recipe, so I just have one utensil to clean after dinner. Instead of a pot, I used my stir-fry pan to cook.
The finished dish in the pan with fresh vegetables, chewy udon in a sweet, savory and mildly spicy sauce. I topped the chicken udon with some roughly chopped cashew nuts and chopped scallions per the recipe instructions, it was absolutely delicious!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 534 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 1/8 lbs. (0.5 kg) chopped chicken breast
- ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Blue Apron sushi sauce or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lb. (1 kg) fresh udon noodles, loosened and separated
- 10 oz. (280 g) baby bok choy, stems removed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons roasted cashew, roughly chopped
- 1 piece ginger, finely chopped, 1-inch
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 oz. (115 g) sweet peppers
- 2 stalks scallions, roots trimmed, sliced and separating the white bottoms and green tops
- Season the chopped chicken cubes with salt and pepper. In a pan or skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Leaving the browned bits in the pan or skillet, transfer the chicken to a plate.
- While the chicken cooks, in a medium bowl, whisk together the Blue Apron sushi sauce (or soy sauce), sweet chili sauce, vinegar and water.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan or skillet; heat on medium-high until hot. Add the celery, ginger, peppers and the white bottoms of the scallions. Cook, stirring frequently, 1 to 2 minutes, or until softened and fragrant.
- Add the chopped bok choy, cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until the leaves are wilted. Add the cooked chicken and the sauce to the pan or skillet. Cook, stirring frequently until well combined. Add the noodles, cook and stirring frequently, 3 to 4 minutes, or until thoroughly heated through. Turn off the heat and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Serve the dish with chopped cashew and the sliced green tops of the scallions.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 534Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 81mgSodium 2545mgCarbohydrates 91gFiber 8gSugar 20gProtein 48g