Authentic Chicken Tikka Masala
Everyone loves Indian buffet and I am no exception. One of my favorite dishes at Indian restaurant is the orange hued, creamy, rich, and delicious chicken tikka masala.
How To Make Chicken Tikka Masala
To make chicken tikka masala, first you make Tandoori chicken, grilled over fire or baked in oven. For home cooks, baking is the easiest option.
Secondly, you make the delicious tikka masala sauce and cook the chicken until a rich creamy consistency.
Tikka Masala Sauce
Tikka Masala Sauce consists of the following key ingredients:
- Tomato Paste
- Garam Masala or Indian Spice Mix. You can get it from Indian/Asian stores or online
- Whipping Cream
This Chicken Masala Recipe involves a two-step process but I will assure you that end result is worth your effort. Once you try my Chicken Tikka Masala recipe, you will never go back to Indian buffets again.
It tastes just just like your favorite Indian restaurant if not better.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 297 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
Chicken Tikka Masala - rich and creamy chicken tikka masala recipe with spicy tomato sauce. Easy and much better than Indian restaurants.
- 1 lb. tandoori chicken
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon finely minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 1/2 cup canned tomato paste (120 ml )
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup water (120 ml)
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream/yogurt
- 2 sprigs cilantrom leaves only, roughly chopped
- 1Cut the Tandoori Chicken (click for recipe) into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- 2Heat the butter in a pan over low heat. Add the ginger, garlic, and saute for about 1-2 minutes or until aromatic. Add the tomato paste and chili powder, stir to mix well, about 30 seconds.
- 3Add the Tandoori Chicken and Garam Masala into the pan, stir and let simmer for 10 minutes. Cover the pan with its lid.
- 4Add the ketchup, sugar, salt, water, and simmer for another 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the heavy whipping cream or yogurt, stir to combine well with all the ingredients in the pan. Transfer the Chicken Tikka Masala to a serving platter and garnish with the chopped cilantro leaves before serving.