Chinese Noodle Soup
There are so many kinds of Chinese noodle soup but one of the most common ones is chicken noodle soup. It’s usually made with chicken broth (homemade or canned), chicken and vegetables.
Learn how to make this amazing, hearty and comforting noodle soup with this quick and easy recipe.
Best Noodles for Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup
There are many types of noodles in the market: dry and fresh. If you are not familiar with Chinese noodles, it might be overwhelming on what noodles to use for this recipe.
If you have access to Asian markets, always get fresh wheat noodles. You can choose either skinny or thick noodles, depending on your preference.
Different Variations of Hearty Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup
If you can’t find fresh noodles, packaged wheat or egg noodles will work well. You can even use rice noodles or maifun. Dry lo mein will work, too.
When you use dry noodles, always refer to the instructions on the packaging to prepare the noodles.
The secret of this delicious recipe is garlic oil, which infuses the chicken broth with the deep aroma of the fried garlic. For the vegetables, I love baby bok choy for its crisp and leafy texture.
As most people do not have a homemade chicken broth, canned chicken broth works just fine.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 237 calories per serving.
Serve Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup With:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 8 oz. (226 g) fresh noodles
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 cups store-bought or homemade chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 4 slices carrot
- 4 baby bok choy
- 1 dash white pepper
- salt to taste
- 4 oz. (115 g) chicken, boiled, cooked, and hand-shredded into pieces
- Prepare your noodles first by boiling the noodles al dente. Rinse the noodles with running water, drain and set aside.
- Prepare the garlic oil by stir-frying the garlic in the oil until they turn light to golden brown. Set aside.
- Prepare the broth by bringing the chicken broth and water to boil. Add the mushrooms, carrot, baby bok choy, white pepper, and salt to taste. Once they are cooked, turn off the heat.
- To serve, add the noodles in a bowl, and top with the shredded chicken on top. Ladle the soup on top of the noodles and top with the garlic oil. Serve immediately. If you like, you can serve it with cut red chilies in soy sauce.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 237Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 20mgSodium 3148mgCarbohydrates 99gFiber 10gSugar 14gProtein 20g