Creamed corn is a classic side dish that everyone loves and homemade is the best. With Thanksgiving just days away, I wanted to share this Instant Pot Creamed Corn recipe with you.
Thanksgiving can be very stressful if you are cooking, so use the Instant Pot to help save you time and multi-task.
My recipe is absolutely delicious, creamy, buttery and cheesy. I love a bit of diced red bell peppers in my creamed corn, it adds a tint of southern flavor (and color) to the creamed corn.
Other Recipes You Might Like
How to Make Creamed Corn
My recipe is very versatile, you can make it in a skillet on stove top, an Instant Pot, or a slow cooker. The cooking process is the same, with simple ingredients:
- Frozen corn or fresh corn
- Heavy whipping cream
- Full milk
- Diced red bell peppers
- Parmesan cheese
Frozen Corn Vs. Fresh Corn
For this creamed corn recipe, I used frozen corn as it’s not fresh corn season now.
If you have fresh corn, by all means please use fresh corn as they taste amazingly sweet. Frozen corn works well, just need slightly longer cooking time.
How to Make Creamed Corn from Fresh Corn?
Pull the husks and silks off the ear of corn with your hands. Remove the remaining silk by hand.
To cut corn off the cob, use a sharp paring knife. Start at the top and cut downward, cutting about two-thirds of the depth of the kernels.
Many creamed corn recipes call for all-purpose flour and cream cheese. I personally don’t ever use all-purpose flour other than baking. I don’t think it belongs in cooking.
I used heavy whipping cream, full milk plus Parmesan cheese for the creamy flavor. Trust me, this creamed corn recipe is perfect and so good. You have to try it!
Want a new Instant Pot? Enter to win Instant Pot 6qt Pressure Cooker. Click here or the image below to win!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 363 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1 lb (500g) frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup full milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Italian parsley (for garnishing)
- Turn on the Saute mode on your Instant Pot. As soon as the pot is heated, add the butter and heat until it's melted.
- Add the diced red bell peppers and saute with the butter, until slightly softened. Add the frozen sweet corn. Stir to combine well
- Add the milk, heavy whipping cream, salt and ground black pepper. Stir to combine well. Cover the Instant Pot with its lid and select Manual. Set to High pressure and cook for 10 minutes.
- When it beeps, turn to Quick Release. When the valve drops, remove the lid carefully and switch to Saute mode. Add the Parmesan cheese, stir and cook for 2 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and becomes creamy. Transfer the creamed corn to a serving platter, garnish with parsley, and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.