A few weeks I posted this super popular garlic butter cheesy crescent rolls recipe using Pillsbury instant crescent rolls in a tube.
Many readers have emailed me and wanted to try the recipe, but there is a problem.
They can’t find crescent rolls where they are.
Many asked for an easy homemade crescent rolls recipe, and so I decided to attempt these amazing rolls at home.
I am not a great baker so I turned to Home Cooking Adventure for her recipe.
I love it that she has a video so I could see every step of the process.
The recipe is super easy to follow and actually very simple.
So now that you have the crescent rolls recipe, you can try to make garlic butter cheesy crescent rolls or just plain crescent rolls.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 91 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Easy Crescent Rolls Recipe
Crescent Rolls – Easy homemade crescent rolls recipe that anyone can make. Flaky, buttery, and fluffy, these rolls are the best!!
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 25 grams active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/3 cup water warm
- 3/4 cup milk warm
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1In a large bowl, mix the flour with sugar and salt. Dissolve the fresh yeast in the warm water and add to the flour mixture. Add the eggs and milk, mix everything together. Add the butter and knead until the dough is smooth and soft. Cover with a clean towel and let it rise for about 1 hour in a warm area, until doubled in size.
- 2Punch dough down and divide into 2 equal parts. Form them into balls. On a floured surface roll each part into a 16 to 17 inch round, using a rolling pin. With the back of a spoon, spread about 2 tbsp of very soft butter onto the dough round. Using a pizza or pastry cutter, cut the round into 16 triangles.
- 3Start rolling each triangle into crescents. Once rolled, curve the edges and place on a cookie sheet or baking tray lined with parchment paper with the tip tucked down and under the roll. Repeat rolling with the rest of the triangles. Let them rise for about 20 minutes. Melt additional 1 1/2 tablespoons butter and brush the tops of the rolls with the melted butter.
- 4Preheat the oven to 400F (200C). Bake for 14-18 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Let them cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before serving.