Fried Banana Recipe
One of the best banana recipes is fried bananas made of sweet, overripe bananas and a simple batter.
I personally think that deep fried bananas are way underrated. They are delicious, healthy and perfect as a dessert or afternoon snack.
This is an easy battered fried bananas recipe that yields extra crispy coating, with caramelized bananas inside.
They are the best!
This recipe calls for overripe bananas, which yield the best result because they become caramelized during the deep frying process.
The frying batter consists of the following ingredients:
- All-purpose flour
- Egg white
- Baking powder
This frying batter recipe guarantees the crispiest exterior!
How to Make Fried Bananas?
To make this quick snack or dessert, first, you need to make the frying batter.
Next, peel the bananas, slice into 1-inch pieces, and coat each piece of banana with a generous coating of the frying batter.
Deep fry the bananas in a deep fryer or a small pot with 2-3 inches oil.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Make This Recipe Extra Crispy?
In addition to the batter ingredients in the recipe, I recommend adding 2 tablespoons of rice flour to the frying batter.
Rice flour will make the coating extra crispy, even after a few hours.
Can I Use an Air Fryer?
Yes, you sure can. Just follow the instructions and air fry in your air fryer for equally amazing results.
Can I Pan Fry Bananas?
Yes, you can pan fry using a non-stick pan.
Add a little bit of cooking oil on the pan. Coat bananas with a thin coat of batter and pan fry in the pan.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 259 calories per serving.
What to Serve with This Recipe?
Serve warm with maple syrup or chocolate sauce and dust with some powdered sugar. They are great as a dessert for the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 4 overripe American bananas
- Oil, for deep frying
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup water, ice cold
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Cut the bananas into 1 inch length, set aside.
- In a big bowl, mix all the ingredients in the Frying Batter together. Stir to mix well. Make sure the batter is smooth. Gently the bananas into the batter.
- Heat up a small pot with 2-3 inches oil on high heat. The oil is ready when it's fully heated with a swirl of smoke coming from the surface.
- Gently drop each piece of banana into the hot oil. Deep fry the bananas in batches. Turn the bananas over so both sides turn golden brown in color and become crispy.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the fried bananas out of the oil, drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Repeat step 4 until bananas are used up. To serve, dust some powdered sugar on top of the bananas. You may also serve with maple syrup and chocolate sauce.
If you want your batter to be extra crispy, add 2 tablespoons or rice flour into the batter.
Amount Per Serving Calories 259Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 78mgCarbohydrates 46gFiber 4gSugar 15gProtein 4g