The Best Baked Tomatoes
Baked tomatoes are one of the easiest ways to cook tomatoes. The baked tomatoes are roasted in the oven on high heat. This method calls for simple ingredients such as olive oil, herb, garlic, cheese, and breadcrumbs. I am sure you already have most of the ingredients already!
The end results are juicy, plump, and perfectly delicious tomatoes every time!
Every bite is bursting with the juicy and natural flavors of the tomatoes. The Parmesan cheese also makes the recipe super cheesy and garlicky.
Finally, the breadcrumbs (or panko) add a nice crunch and nuance to the tomatoes, giving every bite a delicious and crunchy texture.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Ingredients for Baked Tomato Recipe
- Roma tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Breadcrumbs or Japanese panko
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Refrigerate Cooked Tomatoes?
Properly stored, these oven baked tomatoes should last up to 3 days in the fridge.
How Long Does It Take Tomatoes to Cook?
These tomatoes should be cooked for about 30 minutes.
How Many Calories?
This recipe has 145 calories per serving.
This recipe takes about 15 minutes active time and the rest of the cooking is in the oven. While the tomatoes are baking, you can prepare your main entree or just take it easy. Enjoy!
Serve Garlic Parmesan Baked Tomatoes With:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1 lb (500g) Roma tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs or Japanese panko
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F (207°C).
- Transfer the Roma tomato halves to a big bowl. Add the extra-virgin olive oil and toss them around gently. Transfer the tomatoes to a baking sheet, add salt and ground black pepper to the top of the tomatoes, follows by the minced garlic.
- Add the breadcrumbs or Japanese panko (preferred), then follow by the Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley. Baked in the oven for about 25-30 minutes until the panko turned golden brown and crunchy. Serve warm.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.