Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges Recipe
These garlic parmesan potato wedges are baked to perfection with crispy skin while soft and tender on the inside. They’re delicious and flavorful; easily made with olive oil, parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, dried basil, black pepper, and salt.
Why this Recipe Works?
This recipe requires only eight everyday ingredients and takes only 10 minutes of active time with 45 minutes to bake in the oven. It’s the best and easiest baked potato wedges recipe ever.
This easy potato wedges recipe works for holidays, special occasions, or every day as a weeknight side or appetizer.
Olive oil is a healthy and tasty choice for coating the potato wedges. It’s a must-try recipe for French fry lovers.
The recipe is freezer-friendly. Make a large batch in advance and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months. Reheat them in a preheated oven for 10 minutes and enjoy.
This garlic parmesan potato wedges recipe calls for eight ingredients: gold potatoes, olive oil, grated parmesan cheese, dried basil, salt (or sea salt or garlic salt), onion powder, garlic powder, and ground black pepper.
How to Make Potato Wedges?
Make the best potato wedges with three simple steps:
- First, cut potatoes into similar-sized wedges.
- Secondly, toss and coat potatoes wedges evenly with all seasoning ingredients in a bowl.
- Finally, bake them until crispy and fork-tender on the inside. Serve immediately.
For the best result, please follow my tips below.
- Pat dry each potato wedge with paper towels completely before tossing in the oil and seasonings to avoid them from being soggy after baking.
- To make potato wedges extra crispy, soak the raw potatoes in hot water for 10 minutes before baking. It helps to get rid of more starch from potatoes, which creates a crispier skin than usual.
Frequently Asked Questions
The most recommend potatoes are russet potatoes and Yukon gold potatoes. However, you can also use white potatoes or red potatoes. Make sure to adjust the baking time based on the size of different potatoes.
Let potato wedges cool down completely before storing them in an airtight container. Keep them in the freezer for up to six months. To reheat, bake the frozen potato wedges for 10 minutes at 400°F (200°C) until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Yes, you can. Set up the air fryer to 400°F (200°C) and cook for 15 minutes. Place potato wedges in the air fryer’s basket in a single layer and shake the basket every 5 minutes while cooking to get the best result.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe has 318 calories per serving.
- 4 gold potatoes (7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt (or sea salt or garlic salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Wash and cut each potato lengthwise into half and cut each half into 3 wedges. Dry the potato wedges with paper towels to get rid of excess water as much as possible.
- Transfer potato wedges to a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Then, add grated parmesan cheese, dried basil, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and ground black pepper, toss to coat evenly.
- Place seasoned potato wedges in a single layer on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 45 minutes until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Serve immediately with freshly chopped parsley sprinkled on top.
Recipe Source: Tasteofhome
Amount Per Serving Calories 318Total Fat 12.9gSaturated Fat 4.8gCholesterol 19mgSodium 313mgCarbohydrates 34.2gFiber 5.2gSugar 2.7gProtein 11.2g