What is better than regular pasta? A pasta stuffed with cheese!! Yes, I am talking about tortellini, the “dumpling” shaped pasta filled with cheese, which are always such an eye candy to look at, plus absolutely delightful to the palate.
Now imagine adding garlic shrimp to the cheese-filled pasta…we have this amazing Garlic Shrimp Tortellini that is crazy delicious and makes an easy and delicious meal for weeknight dinner!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Since my little boy loves pasta, and he also loves cheese, I have started to experiment making tortellini for him. And guess what? He is hooked!
Well, come to think about it, there is nothing not to love about tortellini, you can toss them with some garlic and protein of your choice (shrimp or chicken) for a quick and delicious meal, or you can make them into hearty soups.
Personally, I love tortellini in a pasta dish, they are so flavorful already and a bit of seasonings are all you need, just like this amazing garlic shrimp tortellini.
You know me, I will cook everything with shrimp if I can, and with tortellini, it’s a no brainer. Some olive oil, garlic, shrimp, dashes of white wine, salt and pepper are all you need.
To jazz up the taste and presentation, I added sun-dried tomato, which is my absolute favorite thing to eat, and you have a “refined” and utterly scrumptious pasta dish that rivals the taste of your favorite Italian restaurants.
Don’t believe me? Try this garlic shrimp tortellini recipe and judge yourself.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 171 calories per serving.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS RECIPE?
Serve this dish with steamed rice or other rice and noodle dishes. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 8 oz. store-bought tortellini
- water for boiling
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 oz. peeled and deveined shrimp, seasoned with pinch of salt and black pepper
- 4 oz. sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley leaves
- Cook the tortellini according to the package instructions. Drained and set aside.
- Heat up a skillet and add the olive oil, on medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 10 seconds before adding the shrimp. Cook the shrimp until the surface turns white, add the sun-dried tomatoes. Stir to combine well before adding the tortellini. Add the white wine and salt, toss well.
- Add the parsley, stir to mix well. Dish out and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.