Tortellini is my new favorite and go-to pasta these days. The reasons are very simple; I like the idea of dumplings, or something stuffed inside a beautiful and dainty package.
Tortellini is delicious and such an eye-candy, and more importantly, the little man in my house absolutely love tortellini. Put it simply, tortellini is my solution for quick, healthy and wholesome weeknight dinners, and picky-eater friendly!!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Previously, I made garlic shrimp tortellini and everyone loved it. This time around, I made creamy mushroom tortellini in a creamy sauce.
It’s packed with protein, rich and creamy. Every bite is utterly satisfying—the cheese-filled tortellini, the freshness of the ingredients, and the richness of the creamy , buttery and cheesy sauce.
This recipe is so good the dish tasted like it was straight from a fancy Italian restaurant, except that it’s budget-friendly and takes about 20 minutes to make.
To make the best and creamiest mushroom sauce, use equal portion of chicken broth and heavy whipping cream. Flavor it with some Parmesan cheese and you’ll want to lick your plate dry. Enjoy!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 155 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 8 - 9 oz. (226 g-255 g) packaged tortellini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil in boiling water
- 4 oz. (115 g) cremini mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup packed baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- 1 pinch sugar
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- Heat up a pot of water and add the olive oil. Boil the tortellini per the package instructions. Drained and set aside.
- Heat up a skillet with the melted butter. Saute the garlic until aromatic, add the mushroom and cook for 1 minutes before adding the chicken broth and cream. Add the spinach, Parmesan cheese, salt, sugar and black pepper. Transfer the tortellini into the skillet, stir to combine well with the mushroom cream sauce. Add the parsley, dish out and serve immediately.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 155Total Fat 62gSaturated Fat 26gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 180mgSodium 1398mgCarbohydrates 110gFiber 10gSugar 8gProtein 41g