I have fallen in love with tortellini in the past few months; in fact, my entire family has fallen in love with it including my 4-year old.
It’s become a weekly or bi-weekly ritual for us to have some tortellini for dinner, and the leftover makes a perfect school lunch box for my son.
They are both excellent recipes but sometimes, I crave for a creamy and rich tortellini and that’s when I make this amazing and absolutely delightful Shrimp & Sun-Dried Tomato Tortellini in a cream sauce.
The cream sauce coats every tortellini with a rich taste, and the cheese in the tortellini makes the cream sauce even better!
I also love it that this Shrimp & Sun-Dried Tomato Tortellini recipe takes about 20 minutes, including the time to boil the tortellini.
It’s so easy, delicious, and once you master this recipe, your tummy will be very happy!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 421 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 10 oz. (280 g) tortellini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes oil
- 4 oz. (115 g) shrimp, shelled but tail-on
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- chopped parsley leaves
- Boil the tortellini according to the package instructions. Drained and set aside.
- Heat up a skillet with the olive oil and the sun-dried tomato oil on medium heat. Add garlic and saute, before adding the shrimp. Saute the shrimp until they are almost cooked, then add the whipping cream, chicken broth, paprika, salt, sugar, and black pepper. Bring the sauce to a simmer before adding the tortellini. Stir to combine well. Add the parsley, dish out and serve immediately.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 421Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 9gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 139mgSodium 683mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 18g