It’s Fall! Even though it’s still scorching hot here in Southern California, the rest of the continent is starting to cool down.
Other Recipes You Might Like
When it comes to Fall, nothing beats a hearty home-cooked meal.
And when it comes to dinner at home, everyone loves chicken and I have developed this most amazing honey orange chicken recipe for you.
I love the regular orange chicken but deep-frying battered chicken is such a mundane kitchen chore, so I changed things up a bit and make it into a simple skillet honey orange chicken recipe that takes only 20 minutes and no deep-frying.
This recipe yields juicy, moist, and absolutely delightful chicken steeped in an addictive honey-orange sauce. Serve the chicken with steamed rice and you will have an utterly scrumptious and satisfying home-cooked meal. Enjoy!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 424 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 5 (20 oz./600 g) chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon Asian cooking wine (sake or Chinese rice wine), optional
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- chopped parsley leaves, for garnishing
- white sesame seeds, for garnishing
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 1/2 tablespoons honey or more to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons bottled garlic chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or more to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Debone the chicken thighs, keep the skin on. Add the cooking wine and soy sauce to the chicken, stir to combine well.
- Add all the ingredients in the Sauce, whisk to combine well. Set aside.
- Heat up a skillet, pan-fry the chicken with the skin side down. Turn over and pan-fry both sides of chicken until browned. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Add the cooking oil to the skillet, saute the garlic until slightly brown, add the chicken back into the skillet, follow by the Sauce.
- Turn the heat to low and let cook until the sauce reduces a bit. Top the chicken with parsley and sesame. Serve immediately.
You may cook the chicken without removing the bones. You can follow my post and video on " How to Debone Chicken Thighs ." You may also use boneless and skinless chicken thighs or breasts for this recipe.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 424Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 9gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 138mgSodium 674mgCarbohydrates 20gSugar 18gProtein 24g