How Do You Cook Potatoes in Instant Pot
How long does it take to cook potatoes in an Instant Pot or pressure cooker? The answer is less than 15 minutes! You can make these perfect Instant Pot potatoes using my shortcuts.
First I saute the potatoes until they turn crispy, then pressure cook on high in the Instant Pot. It cuts the total cooking time in half as there is no need to use the the oven or the stove.
These Instant Pot creamy potatoes are crisp on the outside and soft, fluffy and pillowy on the inside.
I seasoned the potatoes with garlic, thyme, oregano, Italian Parsley, Parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and lemon juice.
Instant Pot Recipes You Might Like:
To create enough steam to pressure cook the potatoes to perfection, you will need liquid. For this Instant Pot creamy potatoes recipe, I used a liquid mixture of heavy whipping cream and chicken broth.
These potatoes is one of the most perfect side dishes. They go well with any protein or pasta. The recipe is low in calories at 242 calories per serving!
All in all though, I find Instant Pot to be a superior kitchen utensil to cook potatoes. It’s so much easier and quicker to cook compared to oven or stove top. In just minutes, you’ll have potatoes with a soft and moist center and crispy exterior. Happy cooking!
Serve Creamy Potatoes with:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 344 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Instant Pot Creamy Potatoes Recipe
Instant Pot Creamy Potatoes - ready in 15 minutes or less, these crispy and creamy potatoes were perfectly roasted in the Instant Pot pressure cooker. So delicious with garlic and aromatic herbs.
- 1 lb baby potatoes, cut into halves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper, (optional)
- 1 tablespoon bottled grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Set the Instant Pot to Saute mode and wait until the indicator shows HOT. Add the olive oil. When the oil is fully heated, add in the potatoes, skin side up first. Leave the potatoes and cook for about 1-2 minutes, until the surface turns brown and crispy. Turn the potatoes over and repeat the same. Add the garlic, herbs, heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, salt, heavy whipping cream, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper (if using), Parmesan cheese and lemon juice.
- 2Cover the pot and select Manual and set to High pressure for 8 minutes. When it beeps, turn to Quick Release. When the valve drops, remove the lid carefully. Serve immediately.
I used a 6-quart Instant Pot. My heavy cream didn't curdle during pressure cooking.