Last Spring, we went to Italy for two weeks and I am still in awe of its sheer beauty and mouthwatering Italian cuisine.
As I love seafood, I indulged in meals after meals of them, such as this Italian sauteed clams.
I love clams, but when you have fresh clams on skillet cooked with tomatoes, white wine, garlic and herb, you practically have a perfect dish.
The briny and savory taste of clams pairs flawlessly with the ingredients.
This dish is so good!
You don’t have to be in Italy or an expensive Italian restaurant to savor this mouthwatering sauteed clams.
This recipe is extremely easy and takes only 15 minutes to make.
For the clams, you can use Manila clams or little neck clams.
Both delivers amazing results.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 242 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1 1/2 lbs. Manila clams or little neck clams
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 6 oz. tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Lemon wedges (for garnishing)
- Scrub, clean and rinsed the clams with cold water. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up a skillet (cast-iron preferred) and add the olive oil. Saute the garlic until slightly browned, then add the clams. Stir a few times before adding the white wine and tomatoes.
- Cook the clams until they are all open, add the salt, lemon juice and chopped parsley. Stir to combine well. Turn off the heat, garnish with the lemon wedges and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.