Boiled Potatoes Recipe
Parsley potato is one of the easiest boiled potato recipes that is quick, fast and easy. It’s also a delicious recipe that goes well with many main dishes such as baked cod.
Other potato Recipes You Might Like
- French Mashed Potatoes
- Crispy Leaf Potatoes
- Baby Potato Salad
- Garlic Butter Roasted Fingerling Potatoes/a>
- Crispy Potato Stacks
How to Boil Potatoes?
To boil potatoes, you need a tall stockpot, water and salt. Fill the stockpot half way with water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and bring the water to a rolling boil.
In the meantime, rinse and scrub the potatoes so the surface is clean. Keep the skin on. Do not peel the potato skin.
Drop the potatoes into the hot boiling water, cover the lid of the stockpot to cook the potatoes.
How Long to Boil Potatoes?
It takes 15 minutes to boil baby potatoes or smaller new potaotes. If you cut regular-sized or big potatoes into quarters, it will take about 20 to 25 minutes.
For whole potatoes that are big, it will take at least 30-35 minutes to completely cook the potatoes in the center.
Use a fork and poke it to the center to check doneness.
Ingredients for This Recipe
This recipe calls for only 5 ingredients and takes 5 minutes prep time.
- Baby potatoes. I used both yellow and red potatoes.
- Unsalted butter.
- Ground black pepper.
- Italian parsley.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is It Healthy?
Yes, this potato side dish is very healthy. It’s good for weight loss as boiling is a healthy cooking method.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is 165 calories per serving, or 4 oz. of potatoes per serving.
What to Serve with This Recipe?
Serve the potatoes with a main dish. For a healthy meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- water, for boiling
- 1 tablespoon salt, for boiling
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) baby potatoes, red and yellow
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Fill a stockpot half way with water and salt. Bring it to a rolling boil.
- In the meantime, clean, scrub and rinse the surface of the baby potatoes.
- Boil the baby potatoes for 15 minutes. Drain and run cold water through the baby potatoes. Slice the potatoes into wedges and combine with the melted butter, salt, pepper and parsley. Stir gently to mix well. Serve the boiled potatoes immediately.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 165Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 23mgSodium 300mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 3gSugar 1gProtein 3g