I am sure all of you are having loads of fun this summer.
I love summer and I am always trying out new recipes, such as this Korean BBQ Chicken Kimchi Lettuce Wraps recipe, which is absolutely amazing in flavors and presentation, and a perfect crowd pleaser.
Imagine nicely marinated, charred, and delicious Korean BBC chicken, topped with kimchi and wrapped with lettuce wraps…
my mouth is watering at the very thought of them.
Making them for backyard BBQ or summer parties are easier than you thought and I will teach you exactly how.
First of all, the chicken has to be moist and juicy, for that, I always count on a good olive oil to seal in the juicy flavors.
My choice is Pompeiian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
It’s great to keep the chicken tender; I also brushed the chicken with the olive oil during the grilling process so every bit of the chicken is nicely charred and evenly grilled.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post by Pompeian. The text and opinions are all mine.
Assembling the lettuce wraps is half the fun. You slice the hot-off-the-grill Korean BBQ chicken, then you place them in the middle of the lettuce leaf, and top with some kimchi. Voila, and you will have the best lettuce wraps ever.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 330 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Korean chili paste, gochujang
- 1 teaspoon Korean red chili powder, gochugaru or regular chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1- inch (2 cm) piece ginger, peeeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for grilling
- 1/2 cup kimchi, sliced
- 1 head lettuce, leaves separated
- Slice each piece of chicken thigh horizontally into 2 to 3 slices. Set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in the Marinade in a bowl, whisk it and make sure it's loose and completely dissolved. Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes or two hours.
- Grill the chicken until slightly charred and completely cooked through, brush the olive oil on the chicken during the grilling process. Slice the chicken into pieces.
- Place some chicken in the middle of the lettuce leaf, top with kimchi and serve immediately.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 330Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 107mgSodium 616mgCarbohydrates 8gSugar 5gProtein 23g