Korean Scallion Pancake (Pajeon)
Korean Scallion Pancake (Pajeon) – Savory pancake with scallion and kimchi, amazing appetizer that you can’t stop eating! Make it yourself at home
Are you one of those who love eating Korean food because of the many side dishes served?
I love Korean food because of the banchan served along with rice and the main dish.
Banchan are full of surprises and there are always something new to look forward t0: kimchi, stewed potato, Korean rice cake, spicy anchovy, Korean scallion pancake (pajeon), omelet, and more. Sometimes, I stuff myself eating the banchan so much that by the time the main entree comes, I am already full…
In the Korean restaurant near my house, the ones that we often go to, pajeon or Korean scallion pancake is always served as a banchan.
I love their pajeon because they are mini in shape, slightly orange in color because kimchi juice is added.
I can’t get enough of the mouthwatering pajeon and often ask for more.
This is my pajeon recipe, based on the ones I have at my favorite Korean restaurant.
I also made a spicy soy-vinegar sauce to go with the pajeon.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 93 calories per serving.
Pajeon (Korean Scallion Pancake) Recipe
Korean Scallion Pancake (Pajeon) - savory pancake with scallion and kimchi, amazing appetizer that you can't stop eating.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-3 tablespoons kimchi juice
- 2 stalks scallion, cut into small rounds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- oil, for pan-frying
- 1Mix all the ingredients (except the oil) in a bowl, stir the batter to blend well. Combine all the ingredients of the Dipping Sauce in a saucer.
- 2Heat up a pan and coat with some oil. Ladle some batter onto the pan to form a mini round pancake. Pan-fry for a couple of minutes until the bottom surface turns slightly brown, flip it over and cook the other side until slight brown. Dish out and repeat the same for the remaining batter.
- 3Serve the pajeon warm with the Dipping Sauce.
If you don't use the kimchi juice, add the same quantity (2-3 tablespoons) of water to the batter.