I recently got a new toy in my kitchen, Philips Viva Digital Air Fryer from my friend at Philips.
I have wanted to get an air fryer for a long time, so I was so excited to have it in my kitchen. Not many people like frying in the kitchen, and deep-fryer wastes too much oil and such a hassle to wash as it’s so greasy.
I am just so glad that someone invented the concept of air-frying and now we can air-fry anything, for example: fries, fish, chicken, nuggets and even spring rolls!
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Parmesan Zucchini Fries
- Honey Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Bake with Sage Butter Sauce
Since I have gotten my new toy, I have been using it to make easy fried foods. One of my favorites is sweet potato fries, because it’s so easy to make, plus we really enjoy it as a side dish, especially my picky eater son.
He also loves cheese, so I decided to make this Parmesan sweet potato fries for him a few days ago, just to jazz things up a bit.
The end result is these beautiful, crispy sweet potato fries, not a bit oily. What I love most about the Philips Viva Digital Air Fryer is that you use so little oil—one tablespoon—and clean up is a breeze.
After I am done, I just disassemble the frying basket and tray and off they go into the dish washer. As there is so little oil involved, there is no greasy mess…everything is easy breezy, and I love it.
For sure, I know I will be using the Philips air fryer again and again and make the fried foods that I love, without feeling any guilt.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 484 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley leaves, for garnishing
- Peel, rinse the sweet potatoes and cut into lengthwise strips. Soak in water for 30 minutes. Drain the water and pat dry with paper towels. Place the sweet potatoes in a big bowl and add the olive oil and salt to the sweet potatoes and set aside.
- Preheat the air fryer to 330F. Add the potatoes to the cooking basket and cook for 5 minutes, until crisp. Remove from the basket and allow to cool on wire rack. Increase the temperature to 390F and add the sweet potatoes back into the basket and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the sweet potato fries out of the air fryer and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the fries, mix gently and garnish with the parsley. Serve immediately.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 484Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 6mgSodium 383mgCarbohydrates 91gFiber 13gSugar 19gProtein 10g