This may be one of the easiest recipes I share this holiday season.
A family favorite, my Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Cookies are packed full of rich dark chocolate chunks that go so well with the saltiness of peanuts.
Other Recipes You Might Like
The cookies is a bit crisp on the exterior and gooey from the chocolate.
I like to eat mine right out of the oven when the center is still warm and slightly soft.
Of course, you can give it a quick whirl in the microwave to get that same freshly baked feeling days later.
Just for variety, here are a couple simple tricks you can try to make this cookie your own.
Before baking the cookies, roll each ball of dough in granulated sugar.
This gives it extra sweetness and adds more crispness.
You can also incorporate ground cinnamon to the dough to give your cookie a little something special.
But for me, simple and classic is best.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 167 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Cookies Recipe
Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Cookies – buttery cookies loaded with chocolate and peanut butter. So delicious you can't stop eating.
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter (250 g)
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar (90 g)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100 g)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (5 mL)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- 2In a stand mixer, mix the peanut butter, sugars, egg and baking soda on medium speed until combined. Fold in the chocolate with a spatula.
- 3Create 1-inch balls and place on the baking sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- 4Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and allow to rest on the baking sheet for approximately 5 minutes, before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
Because the dough has so much chocolate, try pressing the dough together to form the balls rather than rolling. It works better.