(This is the last post of the Shellfish Overload series.)
What do you do when you have different kinds of shellfish but do not want to cook up a storm by getting into a complicated and time-consuming recipe such as bouillabaisse? Well, you make Thai yellow curry.
This dish is so simple to create and takes no more than 30 minutes, but it’s bursting with vivid and intense flavors. The zucchini is simply healthy and adds the much needed vitamins; plus this recipe just goes so well with steamed white rice. This is my absolute favorite Thai dish.
Have a great weekend and happy eating!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 296 calories per serving.
Thai Yellow Curry with Seafood Recipe
This dish is so simple to create and takes no more than 30 minutes, but it’s bursting with vivid and intense flavors.This is my absolute favorite Thai dish. Have a great weekend and happy eating!
- 4 scallops
- 6 tiger prawns, peeled, deveined, but leave the tails on
- 12-15 mussels and clams
- 1 small zucchini, cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons Thai yellow curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk (5.6 oz)
- fish sauce, to taste
- palm sugar to taste
- Curry leaves/ basil leaves/ kaffir lime leaves, optional but would be nice
- 1Heat up some oil in the wok and add in the curry paste. Stir it until you smell the aroma. Add in all the shellfish and zucchini to give them a quick stir. Add in the coconut milk. Cover the wok and bring it to boil or until all shells are open. Add fish sauce and palm sugar to taste (this dish should taste creamy, salty, and sweet). Add some curry leaves/basil leaves/kaffir lime leaves if you have them handy. If the curry is too thick, add some water. Serve hot with plain white steamed rice.
For the yellow curry paste, Rasa Malaysia recommends Maesri brand.