(This is the last post of the Shellfish Overload series.)
What do you do when you have different kinds of shellfish but do not want to cook up a storm by getting into a complicated and time-consuming recipe such as bouillabaisse? Well, you make Thai yellow curry.
Have a great weekend and happy eating!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 296 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 4 scallops
- 6 tiger prawns, peeled, deveined, but leave the tails on
- 12-15 mussels and clams
- 1 small zucchini, cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons Thai yellow curry paste
- 1 can (5.6 oz.) coconut milk
- fish sauce, to taste
- palm sugar to taste
- Curry leaves/ basil leaves/ kaffir lime leaves, optional but would be nice
- Heat up some oil in the wok and add in the curry paste. Stir it until you smell the aroma. Add in all the shellfish and zucchini to give them a quick stir. Add in the coconut milk. Cover the wok and bring it to boil or until all shells are open. Add fish sauce and palm sugar to taste (this dish should taste creamy, salty, and sweet). Add some curry leaves/basil leaves/kaffir lime leaves if you have them handy. If the curry is too thick, add some water. Serve hot with plain white steamed rice.
For the yellow curry paste, Rasa Malaysia recommends Maesri brand.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 296Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 18gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 116mgSodium 620mgCarbohydrates 7gSugar 1gProtein 18g