Lemongrass chicken is one of the most popular chicken recipes on Rasa Malaysia. That recipe was published in 2007, so I thought to develop a new recipe that delivers similar result but a lot more easier to execute, hence this skillet lemongrass chicken.
I am personally so proud of this new recipe as it calls for only four ingredients but equally scrumptious and utterly delicious. The scent of lemongrass lingers in my house now, and it’s a pretty darn good smell that sets the stomach rumbling.
Instead of hard-to-find Asian ingredients, I used salt, honey, and black pepper to complement the lemongrass. As I love heat, I added in a little cayenne pepper, which is optional.
There you have it, the most amazing and mouthwatering skillet lemongrass chicken. Slice the chicken, serve with rice, and drizzle the lemongrass juice seeping from the chicken and you will have the most satisfying meal.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 274 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lemongrass, white part only
- 12 oz. (340 g) skin-on chicken thighs, bones removed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Oil for pan-frying
- Use a Microplane to grate the lemongrass, or chopped finely.
- Marinate the chicken with the lemongrass, honey, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper (if using), for 30 minutes.
- Heat up a little bit of oil in skillet, on medium heat. Pan-fry the chicken, skin-side down first, until the skin becomes nicely browned. Turn over and pan-fry until the meat is a nicely browned and crispy. Make sure the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Finish it off in the oven and broil for 1 minute to char the surface. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
You may use chicken breast, with skin-on, but boneless.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 274Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 5gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 111mgSodium 281mgCarbohydrates 7gSugar 5gProtein 18g