If you love Asian food, you ought to master the basic stir-frying techniques.
Asian stir fry dishes are absolutely healthy and delicious as fresh ingredients are flashed cooked, with basic sauces.
Serve the stir-fried dishes with some steamed rice and you will have a wholesome meal for the family.
In this post, I am sharing with you an amazing and absolutely delightful stir fry recipe: Spicy Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry.
We all love teriyaki sauce, but I jazzed up this recipe with Go Chu Jang, or Korean red pepper paste that is ubiquitous in Korean cooking.
When you combine savory Teriyaki sauce with some heat, you have this explosively delicious dish.
When it comes to basic Asian stir fries, there are many instant sauces that you can get at supermarkets.
They are my pantry items as tasty meals are minutes away with these sauces.
This recipe is versatile as you can easily substitute chicken with your preferred protein: beef, pork, fish, shrimp, or a combination of them.
The recipe takes less than 20 minutes to prepare.
Big in flavors but so easy to execute.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post by Annie Chun’s. Annie Chun’s has just launched a brand new website with fifteen (15) recipes developed, styled and photographed by yours truly. Please check it out now.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 291 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 1/2 lbs. (0.6 kg) boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon Asian rice wine, Japanese cooking sake or Chinese rice wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Annie Chun's Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Annie Chun's Go Chu Jang
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 1 piece ginger, peeled and sliced (1 inch / 2 cm)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into pieces
- 3 stalks scallion, trimmed and cut into 2 inch (5 cm) strips
- white sesame, for garnishing
- Marinate the chicken with corn starch, rice wine and salt. Stir to coat well. Set aside.
- Prepare the sauce by whisking the Annie Chun's Teriyaki Sauce with the Go Chu Jang until they are well combined. Set aside.
- Heat up a skillet on high heat. Add the cooking oil. when the oil is heated, saute the ginger until aromatic, then add the chicken. Stir fry the chicken until the chicken turns white on the surface. Add the red and green bell peppers, toss and stir fry until you smell the aromas from the peppers. Add the sauce and continue to stir fry until the sauce slightly thickens. Add the scallion, toss a few times. Turn off the heat and transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Garnish the chicken with the white sesame and serve immediately with steamed rice.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 291Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 108mgSodium 1037mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 38g