Baked Tortellini is one of the easiest recipes you can make for the entire family.
Imagine cheese filled tortellini doused in your favorite pasta sauce and loaded with two kinds of cheese, this tortellini casserole is so delicious.
The best thing about this recipe is that the active time is 10 minutes but it feeds the entire family. There is no hassle to make the dish as you can get everything in the supermarkets.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Fresh Vs. Frozen Tortellini
You can get fresh and frozen tortellini at the stores. Buy them fresh if they are available, if not, you can always cook and bake frozen tortellini in the oven.
However, for the best results, I usually parboil frozen tortellini in hot boiling water for a minute or so before baking them in the oven.
How Do You Make Baked Tortellini?
To make baked tortellini, you need the following ingredients:
- Fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
- Pasta sauce
- Mozarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
First, you parboil the tortellini. Then you transfer them to a baking dish and mix with the pasta sauce.
After that, you top the tortellini with the cheese and bake in oven.
The baked tortellini will be done when the cheese melts and turn golden brown.
For my recipe, I used mini tortellini because I just love everything mini. Things just seem better when they are mini sized.
However, you can use regular sized tortellini. Try this Cheesy Baked Tortellini recipe, I am sure you will love it.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 311 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Cheesy Baked Tortellini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini classic cheese mini tortellini or regular-sized tortellini
- 24 oz pasta sauce
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Add the olive oil to a baking dish, spread to coat well.
- Cook the tortellini in hot boiling water until they float to the top, about 1 to 2 minutes. Drain.
- Toss the tortellini with the pasta sauce. Stir to mix well.
- Sprinkle with the Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese, follow by the chopped parsley.
- Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cheeses melted and the top and edges turn golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
What size baking dish is used here?
9×13-inch baking dish.
Thanks for the info about the dish size!
Can I make this up until baking and frigerate until ready to bake?
Just made this tonight. It was very good. Both my husband and I enjoyed it. If you are using the frozen mini tortellini then you will definitely need more than 20. I used 2/3’s of a 19 oz. bag and it was perfect.
When do you add the parmigiana cheese?
Hi Melissa, oops sorry for the omission, the recipe is updated.
Thank you! I used meat tortellini and it was delicious.
Awesome please try more recipes on my site: https://rasamalaysia.com/recipe-index-gallery/
Wow. That is making me so very hungry right now which is sad because I just at dinner. OMG. I’ll definitely be saving this one for later!
Nice blog post author. Thank you for sharing.