Chicken Tender Recipes
I love chicken breasts, especially chicken tenders because they are the tenderest portion of the chicken breast.
What is a chicken tender?
They are the long strips of meat attached to the underside of chicken breasts.
Every chicken has two tenders. They are often detached from chicken breasts and sold separately as tenderloins.
They are commonly used for making chicken strips, chicken fingers or chicken fillets, breaded and deep-fried or baked in the oven.
Other Recipes You Might Like
How to Make Chicken Tenders?
This is one of the best breast tender recipes, made in a skillet with spices, garlic butter, salt, lemon juice and herb.
While I love them deep-fried, skillet cooking produces juicy and amazing results. I love a well-seasoned cast-iron skillet for this recipe.
The perfect heat to cook tenders is high heat. This is an easy chicken tenders recipe and perfect for lunch or dinner.
DO NOT overcook because the texture will turn dry and tough.
To make your chicken juicy and tender, follow the tips below:
- Use a cast-iron skillet because it heats up evenly and retains the heat well.
- Cook the tenders on high heat so they are seared to brown on the outside while retaining the juice inside.
- Add lemon juice to the chicken to make them extra juicy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Eat the Tendon (ligament) Attached to Tenders?
There is a tendon attached to the breast tender. They are like little white ligament at the end of the piece of chicken.
I usually trim it off with a knife or a pair of kitchen scissors before cooking. It’s slightly chewy in texture and it’s tasteless.
Avoid pulling off the tendon by hand as stripping away the entire tendon will make the chicken tender fall apart.
Can I Use Chicken Breasts to Make This Recipe?
Absolutely! Tenders are part of the chicken breasts but they are sold separately.
If you use regular chicken breasts, cut the breasts meat into strips similar to the tenders.
Is It Healthy?
Yes, breast tenders are very healthy because they are lean white meat with little fat contents.
They are also skinless and boneless, lower in calories because there is no skin attached to them.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 311 calories per serving.
What to Serve with Breast Tenders?
Serve this dish with side dishes. For a healthy meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Garlic Butter Chicken Tenders (The Best!)
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 dashes cayenne powder
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon bottled Italian seasoning (Simply Organic or McCormick brand)
- salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- lemon wedges
- Season the chicken tenders with smoked paprika and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- Heat up a cast-iron skillet (preferred) on high heat and add 3 tablespoons of butter. As soon as the butter melts and starts to sizzle, add the chicken tenders. Cook uninterrupted for 1-2 minutes, then turn over and start cooking the other side.
- Push the chicken tenders to the side of the skillet. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter follow by the minced garlic on the empty space on the skillet. Add the Italian seasoning on top of the chicken tenders and stir to combine well with the chicken and garlic.
- Add salt and lemon juice and continue to cook the chicken tenders until they are slightly charred on the both sides. Add the chopped parsley, stir to combine well. Turn off the heat and serve immediately with lemon wedges. Squeeze the lemon juice on top before serving.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
I love chicken tenders.
I love chicken tenders, they are so good.
This was amazing! Thanks so much for the recipe.
Direct quote from my 21 year old son, “That was the best chicken you’ve ever made Mom!” It was fantastic, I will definitely be making this on a regular basis. So quick and easy too!
I love all your recipes
Thank you ?
My guys aren’t huge chicken fans, yet this was an absolute winner tonight!
Being Brit offspring, sauce is important – so next time I’ll throw in a lemon butter sauce at the end.
I served it with tagliatelle tossed in olive oil and basil, with green beans on the side
Oh my heavens! Made this tonight, so simple and everyone loved it! The only thing I did different is use fresh herbs from my garden. For sides I did roasted green beans, cucumber, tomato and onion salad and a light version of fettucini alfredo. Definitely going on my rotation menu, thanks so much for sharing!
This recipe is amazing. I follow it anytime I cook chicken tenders, I started adding little turmeric into the season.
Turmeric sounds great! Thanks for trying my recipe. :)
Although your article is about Chicken Tenders, reading this was really helpful for my own business. Very well written and worth reading this article. Thanks!!