So when I saw this chocolate-cinnamon pull-apart bread recipe, I know I have to share the recipe with you!
Just like what you see on the photos here, every layer of the bread is loaded with chocolate chips, cinnamon, and every bite is bursting with the amazing flavors of the two ingredients. I was instantly hooked. What I love most about this recipe is the bread is perfect anytime of the day: morning, afternoon or late night.
Making pull-apart bread is easier than ever with frozen bread dough. There is no need to make the bread dough from scratch, but if you like, you can always use the bread dough recipe here. But really, frozen dough is good enough, and I have no problem with taking short cuts when it comes to baking!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 248 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 pound (30 g) frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 4 oz. (115 g) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Roll and stretch the dough into a 12-inch square on a lightly floured surface. Combine the chocolate chips, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Combine the butter, vanilla and salt in a separate bowl then spread over the 12-inch square of dough. Sprinkle with the chocolate mixture, pressing lightly. Cut the dough into 16 small squares and make 4 stacks of 4 squares each.
- Place each stack on its side in a buttered 9-by-5-inch loaf pan. Gently separate the dough layers so the dough fills the pan. Sprinkle with any fallen pieces of chocolate. Cover the loaf loosely with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place until the dough rises by half its size, 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Bake the loaf until it's browned and cooked through, 40 to 45 minutes (tent with foil if it's browning too quickly). Let cool 15 minutes in the pan, then loosen the edges with a knife. Remove to a plate and let cool 30 minutes.
Serving Size10 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 248Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 5gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 12mgSodium 215mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 1gSugar 10gProtein 3g