If there is one ingredient that I use almost everyday in my kitchen, it’s probably garlic.
I love garlic. I love it in everything I make: stir-fry, stew, roasting, braising or as a marinade. Garlic impacts great aromas and flavors to protein such as chicken making it extremely delicious and flavorful.
Other Recipes You Might Like
This garlic chicken is the epitome of using garlic to make chicken extremely scrumptious and mouthwatering. The ingredients are very simple: garlic, chicken, salt, cayenne pepper and sugar.
I also opted to use garlic heads to roast the chicken, making it even more garlicky and tasty. Plus the roasted garlic is so great with the garlic chicken.
I used chicken thighs for my garlic chicken recipe. Instead of deboning the chicken, I kept them bone-in, but cutting two slits on the side of the thigh bone.
Then I rubbed the finely minced garlic inside the meat, infusing the chicken meat with the garlic. This is my secret technique to make my garlic chicken recipe even better. You may also like my creamy garlic chicken recipe.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 578 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken thighs
- 4 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 2 heads garlic (bottoms trimmed (as pictured))
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar or honey
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (cut into small cubes)
- Chopped parsley (for garnishing)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (207°C).
- Prep the chicken. Cut two slits at the bottom of the chicken thighs, alongside the bone (optional step). Rub the minced garlic on the chicken meat, then add salt, brown sugar and cayenne pepper.
- Heat up a skillet and pan-fry the chicken, skin side down first, until the skin surface becomes slightly brown, but the bottom part of the chicken is nicely browned and becomes crispy.
- Transfer the chicken to a cast-iron skillet, add the garlic head and butter cubes. Roast the chicken for 20 minutes, and broil for 1 minute until the skin becomes slightly charred. Remove from oven, garnish with the parsley and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.