If there is one ingredient that I use almost everyday in my kitchen, it’s probably garlic.
I love garlic. I love it in everything I make: stir-fry, stew, roasting, braising or as a marinade. Garlic impacts great aromas and flavors to protein such as chicken making it extremely delicious and flavorful.
Other Recipes You Might Like
This garlic chicken is the epitome of using garlic to make chicken extremely scrumptious and mouthwatering. The ingredients are very simple: garlic, chicken, salt, cayenne pepper and sugar.
I also opted to use garlic heads to roast the chicken, making it even more garlicky and tasty. Plus the roasted garlic is so great with the garlic chicken.
I used chicken thighs for my garlic chicken recipe. Instead of deboning the chicken, I kept them bone-in, but cutting two slits on the side of the thigh bone.
Then I rubbed the finely minced garlic inside the meat, infusing the chicken meat with the garlic. This is my secret technique to make my garlic chicken recipe even better. You may also like my creamy garlic chicken recipe.
Serve Garlic Chicken with:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 578 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Garlic Chicken Recipe
Garlic Chicken – crazy delicious chicken roasted with garlic. Juicy, moist, flavorful skillet chicken with simple ingredients. Dinner is done in 20 mins.
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 heads garlic, bottoms trimmed (as pictured)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar or honey
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- Chopped parsley, for garnishing
- 1Preheat the oven to 400F.
- 2Prep the chicken. Cut two slits at the bottom of the chicken thighs, along side the bone (optional step). Rub the minced garlic on the chicken meat then add salt, brown sugar and cayenne pepper.
- 3Heat up a skillet and pan-fry the chicken, skin side down first, until the skin surface becomes slightly brown but the bottom part of the chicken is nicely browned and becomes crispy.
- 4Transfer the chicken to a cast-iron skillet add the garlic head and butter cubes. Roast the chicken for 20 minutes, and broil for 1 minute until the skin becomes slightly charred. Remove from oven, garnish with the parsley and serve immediately.
The optional step of cutting two slits on the chicken thighs is to make sure that the garlic is flavorful with the nice aroma and taste of garlic.