Garlic Chicken is one of the easiest and most delicious chicken recipes. This garlic chicken recipe is sweetened with brown sugar, making it even better and mouthwatering. It calls for every day ingredients and so easy to make.
Sweet Garlic Chicken, just the name alone conjures up images of perfectly seared and cooked chicken with a sweet and savory sauce.
Imagine tender chicken thighs, with golden brown skin, and coated with a sweet garlic sauce. This is the ultimate chicken dinner that you want to eat every day!
This recipe calls for only four main ingredients: chicken thighs, garlic, chicken broth and brown sugar. It’s that simple.
The cooking method is a simple 3-step process: pan-sear the chicken, prepare the sweet garlic sauce, and simmer both the chicken and the sauce in the skillet. It takes about 20 minutes from prep to dinner table. Try it for dinner tonight, you will thank me!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 382 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1 1/2 lbs. bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Rinse the chicken thighs with water, pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and ground black pepper on both sides of the chicken. Mix all the ingredients for the Sauce in a small bowl, stir well. Set aside.
- Heat up a skillet and pan-fry the chicken thighs until the skin turn golden brown and the bottom turn crispy. Discard the oil from the chicken. Set aside the chicken thighs.
- Add the olive oil to the skillet on medium heat. Saute the garlic until they soften or become light brown. Add the chicken thighs and Sauce. Cover the skillet with its lid, lower the heat to simmer, for about 3 minutes, or until the sauce reduces and turn brown in color.
- Turn the chicken over a couple of times to coat with the sauce. Top with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.