Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken Noodle Soup is everyone’s favorite soup, especially during Fall or Winter.
The weather has been cold in SoCal and I decided to make a pot of Chicken Noodle Soup, using my Instant Pot, the best kitchen appliance to make the soup.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Instant Pot Creamy Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
- Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
Why Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker is Great for Chicken Noodle Soup?
First of all, it takes only a fraction of time to make Chicken Noodles Soup in an Instant Pot. Instant Pot pressure cooks the whole chicken and the soup in practically 20 minutes.
Secondly, pressure cooker is big enough to put the entire chicken in, hence making the chicken soup so nourishing, hearty and delicious.
Thirdly, the chicken meat practically falls off the bone, making it so easy to remove the bones and skin from the whole chicken. It’s also very easy to shred the chicken meat into bite-sized pieces.
Last but not least, the Saute mode on the Instant Pot completes the cooking of Chicken Noodle Soup as the egg noodles are added and cooked after the pressure cooking, so you won’t have soggy noodles.
How Do You Make Chicken Noodle Soup in an Instant Pot?
Making Chicken Noodle Soup has never been so easy. First, you prepare the carrots, celery, onion and garlic. After that, cook the vegetables in the Instant Pot until softened.
Then add the whole chicken and water in the pot and pressure cook. Remove the whole chicken from the pot and remove the skin and bones from the chicken.
Then, shred the chicken for the soup. Add the egg noodles and chicken meat into the soup, cook for about 5 minutes and it’s done!
More Chicken Soup and Less Noodles
Have you encountered this situation at buffet where you want a bowl of chicken noodle soup and the soup pot has run dry of the soup, with only chicken and noodles. Yes! It’s very frustrating.
Chicken Noodle Soup is more about the chicken soup, and less about the noodles. The noodles are great, but you want A LOT of the yummy chicken soup, and just the right amount of noodles.
My recipe calls for lesser noodles so you get the most out of the chicken soup.
Cooking Tips for the Best Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- The perfect ratio of egg noodles is extremely important. You don’t want too much noodles in chicken noodle soup.
- DO NOT overcook the egg noodles. Cook until al dente as the noodles will continue to cook being in the steaming hot soup.
- Finish the soup in one meal, if possible. The noodles will soak up the chicken soup, expand and become too soggy. As a result, your soup will become murky and also less liquidy. So, serve the soup as soon as it’s done.
- If you have leftover, I suggest separating the noodles from the soup and freeze them separately. This will ensure that the noodles don’t get soggy.
This Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is extremely easy to make, quick, with only a few essential ingredients.
It’s utterly delicious, hearty, nourishing and perfect for the entire family. Enjoy!
Serve Chicken Noodle Soup with:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 129 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch (0.5cm) diagonal slices
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 1/2-inch (1cm)slices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into a large dice
- 1 whole chicken, about 3 lbs (1.3kg)
- 8 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt or more to taste
- 1 large pinch ground black pepper
- 3 cups extra-wide egg noodles
- Prep the carrots, celery, garlic and onion.
- Turn a 6-quart Instant Pot to the high sauté setting. Add the oil and once hot add the carrots, celery, garlic, onion, salt and a large pinch of ground black pepper. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are slightly softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and 8 cups water. Cover the pot and select Manual and set to High pressure for 20 minutes.
- When it beeps, turn to Quick Release. When the valve drops, remove the cover carefully. Use a pair of tongs to remove the chicken from the pot and put it into a large bowl and allow to cool for several minutes. Using your hands or two forks, remove the skin and bones from the chicken and shred the meat into bite-sized pieces.
- Switch the Instant Pot to the high Sauté setting and bring the soup to a boil. Once at a boil, add the egg noodles and cook until al dente, 4 to 5 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK THE NOODLES as they will become soggy and soak up the soup. Add the chicken back into the pot and stir around. Add more salt, to taste, if you like.
- Turn off the heat, and divide the Chicken Noodle Soup into bowls and serve immediately.
This Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is adapted from Food Network
Serve the chicken noodle soup immediately if possible. The noodles might soak up the soup if left in the pot for too longer, making the noodles mushy and too soft to eat.
Serving Size6 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 129Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 15mgSodium 1219mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 3g