Instant Pot Chicken Thighs
Chicken thighs are one of the easiest ingredients to cook in an Instant Pot. You can use boneless and skinless or bone-in thighs.
Other instant Pot Recipes You Might Like
How Long to Cook Chicken Thighs in an Instant Pot?
The pressure cooking time is very short, depending on how tender you want your chicken thighs to be.
I use a 6-quart Instant Pot. For boneless and skinless chicken thighs, pressure cook on Manual setting and high pressure for 6 minutes.
For bone-in chicken thighs, it’s 8 minutes on Manual setting and high pressure. This setting works the best as it yield tender and juicy chicken, with a nice bite to the chicken.
Ingredients for Chicken Teriyaki Sauce
Chicken teriyaki is one of the most popular recipes on my site. The teriyaki sauce is so tasty, easy to make and calls for only 3 ingredients.
Here are the ingredients for Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki recipe:
- Boneless chicken thighs
- Mirin – Japanese sweet cooking wine
- Soy sauce
Can I Use Frozen Chicken Thighs?
You can use frozen chicken thighs for this recipe. Just add 1-2 minutes extra pressure cooking time to the recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Make Chicken Teriyaki Sauce without Mirin?
If you can’t take alcohol, you can certainly skip mirin and substitute it with water.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This chicken teriyaki recipe is only 298 calories per serving. So healthy!
What to Serve with This Recipe?
Serve this dish with steamed rice and steamed vegetables. For an Asian-style meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Turn on the Saute mode on your Instant Pot. As soon as the pot is fully heated (to make sure the chicken doesn’t stick to the pot), add the cooking oil.
- Pan sear the chicken thighs until they turn slightly brown on the surface. (If they stick to the pot too much, you may use a non-stick skillet for pan-searing or skip this step.)
- Add the soy sauce, mirin and sugar. Cover the pot and select Manual and set to High pressure for 6 minutes.
- When it beeps, turn to Quick Release. When the valve drops, remove the cover carefully, Set the Instant Pot to Saute mode. Add the corn starch slurry, stir to thicken the sauce.
- Turn off the heat, garnish the chicken with sesame seeds (if using) and serve immediately with steamed rice.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.