Just think of this as an episode of Iron Chef…the chairman says “The secret ingredient is… LOBSTER. A la cuisine!” I rush out to the aquarium frantically, catch my prey, and off I run to the “Kitchen Stadium” and start cooking.
I whip up dishes upon dishes of drool worthy lobster dishes to the judges and then the chairman announces “The winner of battle lobster is Rasa Malaysia!” Audience cheer and applause!
Well, that was just me day dreaming…
What really happened was I got myself a gigantic 5-lb lobster over this past Labor Day weekend and created 3 dishes.
All I can say is that I was totally lobster’ed out with the 5-pounder (so much so that I think I am going to stay off lobsters for a while!).
Anyway, today I am going to share the first recipe–baked lobster with cheese. In my opinion, you can do no wrong with lobster and cheese in the oven. The dish was simply scrumptious and delectable.
Trust me, they are very worth checking out!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 158 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1/2 lobster
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 2/3 cup light cream
- 1/2 slice bacon (chopped finely)
- 1 stalk spinach
- 1 clove garlic (chopped finely)
- 2 slices cheese (use your favorite cheese)
- salt to taste
- 1 pinch sugar
- dried parsley flakes
- Clean the lobster and cut it into halves (use only half the lobster). Boil the spinach in hot water, drain the water dry and chop the spinach. Set aside.
- Heat up a wok/skillet and add in the melted butter. Saute the garlic and bacon until aromatic, then add in the spinach and cream and bring to boil. Add salt and a pinch of sugar, and a little flour to thicken the sauce. Dish out.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (170°C). Spread the mixture onto the body of the lobster and its head evenly. Break the cheese into small pieces and top the lobster with them. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown. Sprinkle dried parsley flakes on the lobster and serve hot with lemon wedges.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.