Mandarin chicken is one of the most requested Chinese recipes on my website. My readers started emailing me a couple of year ago when popular Chinese joint Panda Express removed Mandarin chicken from their menu.
So, for those who have been waiting to replicate this dish at home, I’ve got you the easiest and most delicious recipe that tastes like Panda Express or the malls, if not better.
Other Recipes You Might Like
This is a super quick, healthy and simple recipe to make and takes only 5 ingredients: chicken, ginger, soy sauce, lemon juice and sugar.
First, you pan-seared the chicken (breast or thighs), then you make the sauce. Slice the chicken into pieces and drizzle a load of the citrusy sauce on the chicken and serve with rice.
In the United States, another type of Mandarin Chicken served at Chinese restaurants is practically Orange Chicken.
I know it’s confusing, but both are well loved by many people, including the pickiest eaters and kids. Try out both my recipes and see what you like. Happy eating!
Serve Mandarin Chicken With:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 165 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- Oil, for pan-frying
- Chopped scallion, for garnishing
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 slices peeled ginger
- Heat up a skillet and pan-fry the chicken on both sides until cooked. You may grill the chicken or pan-fry using a cast-iron grill pan. Cool off and sliced into pieces, set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients in a small sauce pan. Heat up on medium heat until the sauce slightly thickens. Discard the ginger slices.
- Drizzle the Sauce on top of the chicken and garnish with the scallion. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 165Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 72mgSodium 1137mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 26g