Apologies for being so unresponsive to your comments and the lack of posting. I am on the road for two weeks and will be heading back soon.
However, I wanted to share with you a new summer recipe–pandan chicken or fried chicken wrapped with screwpine leaves. Screwpine leaves or pandan leaves are commonly used in Malaysia to infuse the food or desserts with the sweet and fragrant aroma.
In this pandan chicken recipe, the essence of pandan leaves lend a pleasing flavor to the chicken, especially after these pandan chicken are fried.
Pandan chicken makes a great appetizer or finger food for your party and they are so easy to make.
Just get some pandan leaves, some marinated chicken, toothpicks for the wrapping and you will be in business…
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 10 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- Pandan leaves
- 2 pieces skinless and boneless chicken breast, cut into 2 in. x 1 in. cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 dashes white pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon fish sauce
- 3 inches fresh ginger, grated and squeezed for juice
- Mix the chicken pieces with all the seasonings above.
- Add the ginger juice and marinate for 1 hour.
- Put a piece of the chicken towards the end of the pandan leave and roll it up tightly.
- Hold tight with a tooth pick.
- Deep fry until the golden brown.
- Dish out and serve hot.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 10Total Fat 0.23gSaturated Fat 0.04gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0.32mgSodium 120.32mgCarbohydrates 1.89gFiber 0.3gSugar 0.37gProtein 0.46g