(Chinese recipes, prepare authentic Chinese food now!)
After a long hiatus from cooking due to my hectic life and schedules, I am back with a healthy, vitamin C-loaded dish. Everyone needs greens and I thought I would share this very special vegetable with you–chive buds.
I love chive buds; they’ve got taste, texture, fiber, and those delicate little buds that are pretty and edible.
Chive buds also impart a tint of garlicky and oniony flavors once they are cooked, so I always add multiple ingredients to my stir-fried chive buds…
For this recipe, I used some straw mushrooms, scallops, and shrimps. Toss in some oyster sauce, sesame oil, Shaoxing wine and you will have a restaurant quality stir-fried dish. Really.
Can you smell the aroma coming out of my picture?
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 143 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1/2 lb chive buds
- 10 straw mushrooms, cut into half
- 5 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 scallops, slice each scallop horizontally into 3 pieces of equal size
- 1 teaspoon Shaoxing wine/rice wine
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 dashes white pepper powder
- 3 tablespoons water and 1/2 teaspoon corn starch, mixed
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 5 slices peeled fresh ginger
- Mix the corn starch with water, set aside. Heat up a wok and add in the oil. Add in the sliced ginger and stir well until you smell the gingery aroma. Add in the shrimp, scallops, and straw mushrooms and stir fry for 1 minute. Add in the chive buds and continue to stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Add in the seasoning (oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar, sesame, wine) and the corn starch water. Do a quick stir for 30 seconds, dish up and serve hot with steamed white rice.
Do not overcook the chive buds. They should remain a bit crunchy.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 143Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 8gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 15mgSodium 298mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 6g