What is a Cheese Bomb?
Cheese bombs are basically biscuits filled with string mozzarella cheese. The biscuits are made from instant biscuits in a tube, for example Pillsbury biscuits.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Cheese bombs are very addictive; they are also one of the easiest recipes to have quick and easy oven-baked biscuits.
A few years ago, I shared my Garlic Herb Cheese Bombs recipe, which are very popular. The recipe was pinned over 1 million times!
I am not against taking shortcuts in the kitchen. Some days, we just don’t have the time to make everything from scratch but we want something unique that we can’t find at the stores.
These skillet cheese bombs are one of them.
I used Pillsbury Flaky Layer Biscuits for this recipe. As the name suggests, the top of the biscuits are flaky with layers, as you can see from the pictures.
After you bake the cheese-filled biscuits in the oven, the mozzarella cheese melts and oozes out of the biscuit, just like the picture below. So yummy!
They are a hit with kids, especially picky eaters. Serve them as a snack or an appetizer, or as dinner rolls. Grown ups will find them delightful, too. Try my recipe and enjoy!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 212 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 can Pillsbury Flaky Layer Biscuits (10 biscuits)
- 3 string mozzarella cheese, cut into 10 pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F (207°C).
- Open the biscuit can and separate the biscuits. Cut the string cheese into 10 pieces. Grease a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter.
- Wrap the cheese bombs by placing one cube of the cheese in the center of each biscuit. Carefully wrap the biscuit dough around the cheese, pinch the biscuit to to seal. DO NOT PRESS and PINCH too hard on the biscuit dough or else they won't be flaky after baking.
- Brush the surface with the remaining melted butter. Sprinkle some kosher salt on top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the surface turn golden brown. Serve warm.
Serving Size10 buns
Amount Per Serving Calories 212Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 11mgSodium 501mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 4g