The Best Crab Claws
I got some crab claws yesterday for a recipe on the cookbook and had some leftover. I also had a leftover beaten egg from the egg wash. So, I made sweet and sour crab claws, with the egg, ala Singapore chili crab-style.
Since my crab claws were frozen, they lack the natural sweetness. The sauce is great nonetheless. If you have a fresh crab, this sweet and sour crab recipe will shine.
Ingredients for Crab Claw Recipe
- Crab claws
- Ketchup/tomato sauce
- Chili sauce
- Oyster sauce
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Do Crab Claws Take to Cook?
From start to finish, the crab claws should be cooking for about 10 minutes.
How Many Calories?
This recipe has 78 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 8 oz. (226 g) crab claws
- 1 tablespoon ketchup, tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1/2 beaten egg
- 1/2 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup water + 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 1 ginger, finely chopped
- 1 garlic, finely chopped
- Some chopped cilantro, coriander leaves
- Rinse the crab claws with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat up a wok and add the cooking oil. When the oil is heated, add the chopped garlic and ginger and stir-fry until aromatic, then follow by the crab claws. Quickly stir the crab claws a few times before adding the ketchup, chili sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar. Toss the crab claws around with the spatula before adding water. Bring the sauce to boil and then add the beaten egg. Let it cook for about 1 minute or until the egg is set. Stir the egg around, dish out and garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve immediately with steamed white rice.
For the chili sauce, I recommend Lingham's Hot Sauce, where you can find it online here.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 76Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 23mgSodium 250mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 1g