I have recently discovered mini sweet peppers, a variety of colorful peppers that are petite in size. They come in the gorgeous colors of yellow, orange, red and they look just like green peppers, with seeds inside, but they are not spicy.
They are amazing for stir-fries, just this beautiful Sweet Pepper Chicken.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Sweet Pepper Chicken is absolutely delicious and mouthwatering. Just the colors alone are so inviting and appetizing that you can’t wait to just dig in and enjoy the dish.
The mild tasting mini sweet peppers add a tint of sweetness but the best part is the texture.
Mini sweet peppers are crisp in texture, with a nice bite that is bursting with freshness! When you stir-fry them with chicken and Asian sauces, the interplay of all the ingredients make it one of the most delicious stir-fry dishes ever.
For the sauces, I used a combination of soy sauce, oyster sauce and Thai sweet chili sauce. You simply can’t go wrong with them.
What I love most about this Asian-inspired Sweet Pepper Chicken is its simplicity. It comes together in less than 20 minutes. It’s so easy!
Serve the chicken with steamed rice or noodles and you will have the most amazing dinner ever!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 278 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 8 oz. mini sweet peppers
- 12 oz. boneless and skinless chicken breasts (cut into pieces)
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Slice and remove the top part of the mini sweet peppers. Cut lengthwise into halves to remove the seeds inside of the peppers. Cut into wedges. Set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients in the Sauce together, stir to mix well. Set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and ground black pepper. Heat up a wok or skillet over high heat and add 1 tablespoon of the oil. When the oil is heated, add the chicken and cook until both sides of the chicken slightly brown. Dish out and set aside.
- In the same work or skillet, add the remaining oil. Add the garlic and stir fry until aromatic. Add the mini sweet peppers, stir and toss continuously, about 10 seconds. Add the sauce into the wok or skillet, stir to combine well with the mini sweet peppers. Transfer the chicken back into the wok, stir a few times to blend well. Turn off the heat and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.