Chinese Chicken and Broccoli
I have a bunch of amazing Chinese recipes to share with you, starting with a family favorite, chicken and broccoli.
Easy Chicken and Broccoli Stir-fry
This Chicken and Broccoli recipe is one of my child’s favorite Chinese chicken stir-fry dishes. He loves the tender chicken, and he has always loved broccoli, and the savory and yummy brown sauce completes the dish.
A few years ago, I wrote a best-selling Chinese cookbook “Easy Chinese Recipes” and I talked about the techniques of making chicken tender that produces Chinese restaurant quality dishes.
For more information on how to make chicken and broccoli as well as many other recipes, you can buy it on Amazon.
Healthy Chicken and Broccoli at Home
This super easy recipe tastes just like your favorite Chinese takeout joints, if not better. This homemade version is also less greasy and healthier!
You can change the protein and make it into broccoli beef.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This meal is best served with steamed rice.
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 225 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Chicken and Broccoli Recipe
Chicken and Broccoli – Learn how to make healthy homemade chicken broccoli in brown sauce. Best and popular Chinese takeout recipe!
- 1/2 lb. chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 lb. broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1Marinate the chicken with the cornstarch and salt. If the chicken is too dry, add a little water so each piece of the chicken is nicely coated with the cornstarch.
- 2Heat up a pot of water and bring it to boil. Cook the broccoli for 1 minute. Drained and set aside.
- 3Heat up a wok or skillet on high heat, add the oil. When the oil is heated, add the garlic and stir-fry until aromatic or become light brown. Add the chicken and do a few quick stirs. Add the sauce and turn the heat to low. When the chicken is cooked through, add the broccoli, stir to combine well. Dish out and serve immediately.
Don't overcook the broccoli. The broccoli should be crunchy and have a bite.