We all love chicken teriyaki and we sure love meatballs; now imagine round, juicy, moist chicken meatballs with our favorite teriyaki sauce! Yes, these Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs are the best meatballs ever and you will be instantly hooked and want them every day!
Other Recipes You Might Like
This recipe is adapted from my Chicken Meatballs recipe. While I love plain meatballs, some days I like them a bit saucy, so I can serve them with steamed rice as a hearty dinner. Plus, this recipe is picky eater friendly so little G would have no problem devouring them.
The cooking process is rather easy. First you make the chicken meatballs and shallow fry them.
Then you cook them with the soy sauce, mirin (Japanese sweet wine) and sugar. Simmer on low heat until the teriyaki sauce thickens and you will have the most delicious dish ever!
As they are extremely addictive, I would strongly advice you to make extra. They are great as leftovers and you can pack them for lunch the next day. Bon appetit!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 188 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1 lb. boneless, skineless chicken thighs
- 1/4 small onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes black pepper
- oil (for shallow frying)
- 1/3 cup Japanese mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- white sesame (optional)
- Chopped scallion or cilantro (optional)
- Blend the chicken, onion, garlic, egg white, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processor until well combined. Wet both hands with some water and shape the ground chicken into meatballs and lay on a plate lined with parchment paper.
- Heat up a pan or skillet with some oil, shallow fry the meatballs until lightly browned or cooked through.
- Remove the excess oil from the pan or skillet. Lower the heat to medium-low and add the Japanese mirin, soy sauce and sugar. Stir well with the chicken meatballs. Simmer and cook until the sauce slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Top with sesame and chopped scallion or cilantro, if using. Dish out and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.